PO: Silversun Pickups - Physical Thrills (out 8/19)

Physical Thrills, Silversun Pickups’ sixth studio album and the follow-up to 2019’s Widow’s Weeds, is produced by Butch Vig (Nirvana, Garbage, Smashing Pumpkins, Green Day, Foo Fighters) and mixed by Billy Bush. Physical Thrills spans through an eclectic mix of distorted synths, pop-tinged danceable tunes, pared-down ballads, and a collection of “dream shanties” melodies that are all interconnected with each other into a cohesive body of work. Features “Scared Together” and “Alone on a Hill.” Artwork by Lawrence Azerrad.

Clear Blue - https://silversunpickupsmerch.shop.musictoday.com/product/X9LPSP16/physical-thrills-exclusive-color-signed-insert?cp=null

Black - https://silversunpickupsmerch.shop.musictoday.com/product/X9LPSP15/physical-thrills-black-lp?cp=null

Test Press - https://silversunpickupsmerch.shop.musictoday.com/product/X9LPSP17/physical-thrills-vinyl-test-pressing?cp=null

Other Merch - https://silversunpickupsmerch.shop.musictoday.com/dept/physical-thrills?cp=105345_111904

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Justinadamk
including release date in title

• Justinadamk changed the title to PO: Silversun Pickups - Physical Thrills (out 8/19)
18 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

Black vinyl is also up on Amazon for the same price + free shipping.

Gonna hold off on pre-ordering this for now, the last album wasn't all that great. But historically, this band makes good music, so I'll press play on that video in a sec.

I thought their last album was great. Their only miss for me so far was Neck of the Woods. 

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

I thought their last album was great. Their only miss for me so far was Neck of the Woods. 

wow! Neck of the Woods is my favorite haha - It's what made me a fan of theirs. The only album of theirs that doesn't do anything for me is Better Nature. However, I liked Widow's Weeds. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ntslash said:

I wasn't sure I was going to like this based on the singles, but holy shit is this good. Butch really knocked it out of the park on the production. And the vinyl sounds incredible. 

I was not feeling the album at all on first listen, but after the first few listens, its quite good! 

I feel similarly. I absolutely hated this album my first time though but I love them so much I thought it deserved a second whirl and upon another listen I like it much more. I think I've now come to terms with the fact they'll never give us another Carnavas/Swoon style album again--I've been coping for over ten years at this point--but this is pretty good.

They were also great on Comedy Bang Bang and CBB-FM this week. A likable bunch.

Edited by backpackoat

Received the test press and nearly had a heart attack. It was sent via UPS in a flimsy LP mailer that looks to have been stepped on and mangled. Panic starts to ensue. Opened it and no backing boards or padding...the records were in just paper sleeves and wrapped in that thick-ish butcher brown paper that's also used to wrap poster & prints to send in tubes.

Visually, the records had no damage...a couple of scuffs here and there typical with TP's. Haven't played it yet.

But damn...just so badly packed and shipped. 

Lilo And Stitch GIF

On 8/23/2022 at 8:56 PM, backpackoat said:

I feel similarly. I absolutely hated this album my first time though but I love them so much I thought it deserved a second whirl and upon another listen I like it much more. I think I've now come to terms with the fact they'll never give us another Carnavas/Swoon style album again--I've been coping for over ten years at this point--but this is pretty good.

Same. listened to it on friday while tidying the house and was feeling pretty disappointed. But remembered how much Widows Weeds grew on me, so gave it another chance on sunday while we were playing a game and I enjoyed it much more. 

Edited by dreamover

On 7/6/2022 at 12:16 PM, Deathbyart said:

I got both and only have shipping info for the later variant. I haven't received a damn thing for any FF preorder which is a tad frustrating, as I am getting impatient 

On 7/11/2022 at 12:33 PM, Justinadamk said:

wow! Neck of the Woods is my favorite haha - It's what made me a fan of theirs. The only album of theirs that doesn't do anything for me is Better Nature. However, I liked Widow's Weeds. 

On 8/22/2022 at 11:03 AM, jhulud said:

I haven't opened my copy from the band yet...but was the signed insert inside?

Yes Signed insert is inside