PO: Holy Fawn - Dimensional Bleed (9/9/2022)

12 minutes ago, deer said:

Finally! I do hope there is some sort of UK distribution, I have not picked anything up from Triple Crown in over half a decade so I don't know what their distribution is like. Here's hoping

They are greatly distributed, wax  bodega usually even has banquet exclusives so I wouldn't even cross that out. 

Variants were announced with pictures on their Discord. 2xLP.

EDIT: Variant list was previously here. Band DMed me here saying it was exclusively Discord information. I was in a random line at Disneyland and didn’t see any warning so 🤷‍♂️ Sorry.

I’ll post it again tomorrow.

Edited by MCDELTAT

15 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Essentially. DGD did that variant for Afterburner. It’s more like “transparent black” on a turntable but can be kinda nice held up to light.

The potential is there but I just feel like labels (or plants, more specifically) haven’t totally figured out how to make it work.  Until technology can suspend and play a record in midair, in front of a light source… the whole “at least it looks cool held up to a light” means very little to me, personally.  A clear acrylic platter with some LED lights behind it would seem a bit more grounded with the reality or timeline I’m on, but also kinda’ spendy just for extra vinyl aesthetic while it spins.

Ah well, guess I’ll just whine about it instead.  Excited for a new HF album all the same.

37 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

I miss the starburst variants that Tiny Engines was famous for. Those almost always came out fantastic. 

Stoked on this release! I liked Death Spells just fine, but Death is a Relief and the Black Moon EP REALLLY vibed with me. 

For real. I wish they would come back full force. I have a good amount from that time (including ones from other labels, like the tie-die Youth LP...) and wish that was what people did instead of galaxies. I really don't think galaxies are as good!

But yeah, regardless. Stoked. Neon green is simple but pretty, will probably get that through Banquet.

10 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Variants were announced with pictures on their Discord. 2xLP.

EDIT: Variant list was previously here. Band DMed me here saying it was exclusively Discord information. I was in a random line at Disneyland and didn’t see any warning so 🤷‍♂️ Sorry.

I’ll post it again tomorrow.

Bleh.

Honestly that's some bullshit. I dig this band, and I'm obviously going to buy the new record, but why limit info like that to stupid social media shit? Makes me wish I didn't feel compelled to pick this up and makes me respect them less. I hate this timeline.

22 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Honestly that's some bullshit. I dig this band, and I'm obviously going to buy the new record, but why limit info like that to stupid social media shit?

Agree. Fans are fans. I guess you could argue it limits scalpers from grabbing the most limited but meh.

Yeah they actually kicked me out of the Discord as well, which made me feel like just putting the info back up. This thread had actually already predicted a Banquet exclusive before me, so my amazing insider info was that Revolver is going have copies (not that big of a surprise) and colors. Still going to buy copies cause 🤷‍♂️ the music is good.

22 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Bleh.

Honestly that's some bullshit. I dig this band, and I'm obviously going to buy the new record, but why limit info like that to stupid social media shit? Makes me wish I didn't feel compelled to pick this up and makes me respect them less. I hate this timeline.

The Discord is an invite-only thing. They tried to do something cool for their fans. So yeah, it sucks to be on the outside looking in but "respect them less." Come on. Why do 'limited variants then, eh? Why not just make 'em unlimited so no one misses out. Yeesh. Band tries to do something personal with their fans and you s**t on them for it. Same people that get pissy when bands do a small venue.

41 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Bleh.

Looool they leaked the info before the general announcement. Not like you missed out on anything. Chill... 

18 minutes ago, mattzimm84 said:

Band tries to do something personal with their fans and you s**t on them for it.

But that’s the thing, being in the discord says nothing of fan hood. I joined on a super whim months ago to see if they were doing anything cool. Basically never interacted with it. Which is how I never read this supposed warning not to share info outside. Honestly, you could argue the people the started and chatted on this thread are even bigger fans than me. They deserve the info too.

37 minutes ago, mattzimm84 said:

The Discord is an invite-only thing. They tried to do something cool for their fans. So yeah, it sucks to be on the outside looking in but "respect them less." Come on. Why do 'limited variants then, eh? Why not just make 'em unlimited so no one misses out. Yeesh. Band tries to do something personal with their fans and you s**t on them for it. Same people that get pissy when bands do a small venue.

As a fan of the band and the music, and a pretty anti social-media person a) it's just frustrating that they'd pretend to be so secretive and then kick dude out of their super secret club for sharing that same exact info that they also apparently leaked.

And b) as I've already said I'm a fan of the band as well. I have a first press of Death Spells and have kept up with threads about them in anticipation of this release. As an "old dude" I'm not about to try keeping up with every social media post they put out/follow them on discord though.

As for " WhY dO LimITeD VaRiaNTs?" Like...ok? I don't give all that much of a shit about it so long as it has the music on it.

Sorry to offend you with my opinion on how they disseminate their information on an anticipated new release. /s

PS: It's OK to day "shit" on the internet dude.

23 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Looool they leaked the info before the general announcement. Not like you missed out on anything. Chill... 

That's cool and all that they leaked it or whatever...but then they kicked homeboy out of the Discord for sharing the same info and asked him to take it down? Seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too which is more lame than I originally thought.

3 hours ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

As a fan of the band and the music, and a pretty anti social-media person a) it's just frustrating that they'd pretend to be so secretive and then kick dude out of their super secret club for sharing that same exact info that they also apparently leaked.

And b) as I've already said I'm a fan of the band as well. I have a first press of Death Spells and have kept up with threads about them in anticipation of this release. As an "old dude" I'm not about to try keeping up with every social media post they put out/follow them on discord though.

As for " WhY dO LimITeD VaRiaNTs?" Like...ok? I don't give all that much of a shit about it so long as it has the music on it.

Sorry to offend you with my opinion on how they disseminate their information on an anticipated new release. /s

PS: It's OK to day "shit" on the internet dude.

That's cool and all that they leaked it or whatever...but then they kicked homeboy out of the Discord for sharing the same info and asked him to take it down? Seems like they want to have their cake and eat it too which is more lame than I originally thought.

Sorry "homeboy" jumped the gun and didn't take an extra moment to read the band's post but *I* did. It said something to the effect of 'don't post this info outside of Discord or the band could get in trouble with their label, etc.'

I'm a pretty old fogey when it comes to the internet as well but I figured out how to join the Discord group and as a fan took the time to read the MANY disclaimers the band posted alongside this info. Yet still I've never read exclusive info in a band's fanclub and thought 'yeah, it's probably cool to blast this info to the world.' Same mentality as a friend sharing a secret, no?

Maybe it's some Robin Hood mentality but either way the band trusted that info with the people who it was exclusive to and now the band probably got reemed for it. As a result, they can't share info with that segment of their fans because someone broke that trust.

Edited by mattzimm84
Clarification

• zaoza changed the title to PO: Holy Fawn - Dimensional Bleed (9/9/2022)