PO: Holy Fawn - Dimensional Bleed (9/9/2022)

On 10/25/2022 at 2:53 PM, N8TRU said:

https://www.waxbodega.com/products/727579-holy-fawn-dimensional-bleed

Oxblood & black galaxy is back in stock. You can see a pic of all the variants as well.spacer.png

Unless I'm an moran I'm not seeing the Revolver/Brooklyn Vegan /250 coke bottle splatter in here? 

Still waiting on both of my orders lol

Just got our package too, and i ordered the oxblood and the sticker says P8/Black over something that ALSO says Coke Bottle Clear.

EDIT - just opened it.  It's fucking black. 

EDIT 2 - lol it's the galaxy but holy shit there's no red.  It's basically black and you have to look VERY hard to see the red. 

Reminds me of the 3rd pressing of "Red Forest" by ITTCT where they did a black and clear thing that ended up all black.  Oh well, at least it's correct. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Just got our package too, and i ordered the oxblood and the sticker says P8/Black over something that ALSO says Coke Bottle Clear.

EDIT - just opened it.  It's fucking black. 

EDIT 2 - lol it's the galaxy but holy shit there's no red.  It's basically black and you have to look VERY hard to see the red. 

Reminds me of the 3rd pressing of "Red Forest" by ITTCT where they did a black and clear thing that ended up all black.  Oh well, at least it's correct. 

Yeah, my oxblood/black was...mostly black. Second disc was a little more red.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Anyone know what's up with their bassist Alexander Rieth (also in Kardashev) and who their bassist is now?

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I've seen of them addressing it was an Instagram story of her on stage that said "stop asking for her @ "

3 hours ago, scottheisel said:

I just heard this band for the first time opening for Thrice this week. They fuckin’ ruled. Is this album the one to start with?

Lucky you! They only have two albums so far and both are awesome! I'd say start at the beginning with Deathspells and then move on to this one. 😀

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage
forgot realms exists. 3 albums

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

I just heard this band for the first time opening for Thrice this week. They fuckin’ ruled. Is this album the one to start with?

Yeah I say it's more accessible than Death Spells but they're both perfect. Realms is great too but it's more post rock than anything. 

11 hours ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Lucky you! They only have two albums so far and both are awesome! I'd say start at the beginning with Deathspells and then move on to this one. 😀

Are you not aware they have an album prior to that?  It's called Realms.  It's a bit more ethereal and lacking more of the heavy elements that are found on Death Spells and Dimensional Bleed.  Make sure you check it out!  Foal has one of the catchiest guitar hooks ever. 

12 hours ago, scottheisel said:

I mean, like others have said - there's 3 full-lengths and an EP, so it's not a lot. 

Realms - more post-rock/indie-ambient-gaze style, lacking a lot of the the heavier elements found later but absolutely fucking amazing.  "Foal" is my favorite song.
Death Spells - classic album, heavy, moody, gazey....  10/10, just a titan.  "Yawning" is my favorite song.
Dimensional Bleed - good album, a bit more moody, kind of like Deafheaven turning more shoegaze with Infinite Granite.  Still a great album, but nothing will ever top Death Spells IMO.  That was a hammer to the face of the scene when that dropped. 

The Black Moon - short, but crushing.  Candy is a live set staple. 

Just dive in dude, they're so good.  I've seen them...  6 times now, soon to be 7 with Post Fest in a few weeks.  They're so good, and so good live, and such nice dudes.  Ryan is a sweetheart.  He wrote a custom lyric sheet for me for my girlfriend, with the lyrics to "Take Me With You". 

And those motherfuckers kept Yawning in the setlits!  Sneaky bastards!  I lost my shit in Boston and Austin just LOL'd onstage haha.  It was great.  Such good people. 

19 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Are you not aware they have an album prior to that?  It's called Realms.  It's a bit more ethereal and lacking more of the heavy elements that are found on Death Spells and Dimensional Bleed.  Make sure you check it out!  Foal has one of the catchiest guitar hooks ever.

Did you not see my edit literally hours before you commented?

Edit: 9 hours. Edited 9 hours before you commented.

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage

11 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Did you not see my edit literally hours before you commented?

Edit: 9 hours. Edited 9 hours before you commented.

Haha nope sorry!  I was also trying to answer in a way that was like "Dude you don't know Realms?!"  but it came out way sterner than i hoped or meant, so I'm sorry for that. 

I miss a lot of stuff, ADD really fucks with your ability to catch all that's there.  It causes a lot of problems, like right here lol

54 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Haha nope sorry!  I was also trying to answer in a way that was like "Dude you don't know Realms?!"  but it came out way sterner than i hoped or meant, so I'm sorry for that. 

I miss a lot of stuff, ADD really fucks with your ability to catch all that's there.  It causes a lot of problems, like right here lol

All good, dude.