PO: No Devotion - No Oblivion (feat. Geoff Rickly of Thursday) (out 9/16)

7 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

“This record is meant to be considered a piece of art more than an audio recording. Because of how it was pressed [it] will not sound as good as the other variants. There are no returns for this release.

Limited to: 50”

I’m sure some goober will have a great time unboxing it for an obscure YouTube channel, but even as an ~art piece~, no one is going to frame this thing or show it off as a talking point outside of having it in their Discogs collection or Instagram feed.  Not knocking Geoff for making that money - especially since it costs more to print these kind of variants in the first place - but it really feels like a $75+ token for someone who absolutely needs you to know they’re a bigger Thursday fan than you are.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

“This record is meant to be considered a piece of art more than an audio recording. Because of how it was pressed [it] will not sound as good as the other variants. There are no returns for this release.

Limited to: 50”

I’m sure some goober will have a great time unboxing it for an obscure YouTube channel, but even as an ~art piece~, no one is going to frame this thing or show it off as a talking point outside of having it in their Discogs collection or Instagram feed.  Not knocking Geoff for making that money - especially since it costs more to print these kind of variants in the first place - but it really feels like a $75+ token for someone who absolutely needs you to know they’re a bigger Thursday fan than you are.

well I guess just call me a bigger Thursday fan than you 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Justinadamk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...