How should I sell my Vinyl albums.

Terrence Palmer

Your best bet is to take them to a local store.  Let them do the work of sorting through it, for a fee.  There is also Discogs, if you want to go through and price out what you have, so that when you can take them to the store, you can say "hey, i know this is worth X.  If you give me 60% of that value for this lot, we have  deal."  Because they need to make money too, and you got them for free. 

Unless it's a highly curated collection, filled with sort after titles starting at the $100+ price point, I can tell you that you're going to be laughed out of the record store if you tell them you want 60% of the median value. 

'how long is a piece of string'? 

You'll have to put a weekend aside and go through the collection doing some research to get an idea on the value., Youre looking at anywhere from $0 to $1000 for the mass circulated, average condition, land fill type of collection to $100k+ for a collection of mint first pressings and the like of popular genres.