[PO] Birds In Row – Gris Klein

a2654440946_10.jpg

Deserving of its own thread to talk shop on a potential group buy.  (Specifically, so far, @Bronchitis + @hallowken78)

Worth noting is that at the moment, the USD [$] and Euro [€] are basically 1:1.  It's been a while since that's happened, so it's actually a great time to import if you're in the US.  That being said, the starting price on these things is pretty gnarly.  Like $30 a pop before shipping, and some steep prices to import, too.

I would place an order for anyone interested.  I'd also ask $3.00 for Media Mail, from me to you.  I'm probably losing a few bucks in the long run, there, but if it's just a few of us... I don't really mind.

3 copies comes out to €111.87.  After the $3 "me to you" shipping fee, that's still about $40.30 a piece.  For perspective, ordering a copy yourself directly from Bandcamp is about $51 PPD.  Any additional copies really help to chip the price down too.

4 copies would be $38.97 out the door.

5 would be $37.77.

6 would be $37.31.

I can't imagine there being more than 6.  And it seems that the savings don't exactly ramp up.  Note that there will be some US distro, but likely just a Deathwish Inc. exclusive or 1-2 variants.  It also won't happen until September at the earliest – per the band's IG comments – I'm told.  So if you want your preferred variant and you want it anytime soon, this is probably your cheapest bet all around.  I have plenty of mailers and this isn't my first group buy, either, so.  Consider that as well – if you're reading this and on the fence.

I've loved everything this band has put out up until the last album, which stumbled a little bit for me in comparison.  Both new tracks are killer this time around though, and there's no shortage of awesome variants to choose from either.

https://birdsinrow.bandcamp.com/album/gris-klein

Wish we could include ya’ Negron.

2 minutes ago, swisherprice said:

Just shoot me a message when you need payment/information!

Will do.  Do we want to give it a few days or… get the ball rolling since they’re small press sizes?  The savings are like $1 off for each extra person at this point.  No real point in waiting weeks, especially with the limited interest here.

Lemme’ know the exact variant you guys want so I can mock up the cart.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Wish we could include ya’ Negron.

Will do.  Do we want to give it a few days or… get the ball rolling since they’re small press sizes?  The savings are like $1 off for each extra person at this point.  No real point in waiting weeks, especially with the limited interest here.

Lemme’ know the exact variant you guys want so I can mock up the cart.

Whatever works for me. I’m gonna do the pink one.

Here’s what I’d like to do if you guys are cool with it.  I don’t do group-buys often… when I do them, I like to do them right.

⚠️ Right now, if you’re for-sure in, please PM with the following:

• Your Paypal address.

• The URL for the variant you want.  There is too much grimace going on and weird descriptors like “sparkle”.  Please go here and copy the URL for your desired variant so I have it in writing: https://red-crk.com/collections/vinyl

• Your preferred mailing address.  This doesn’t always match Paypal so I need you to give me at least your first name, street adddess, city, state, and zip code.

⚠️ Cutoff is tomorrow, Friday (7/15) at 5:00 PM (PST).

You have until then to PM me and coordinate a payment.  Unless I am sleeping, I will be very quick to reply to you on VC with my PayPal address to send a payment.  If you guys could do Friends & Family so I’m not dinged even more than I’m already going to be, that would be awesome.  I think my account is set up as “business” so it may not work, I’ll try to fix that tonight.

Thanks all.

Realized I'm jumping the gun a tiny bit by asking for payment way before the cutoff, whoops.  For now let's just to the plan on PMing me your details.  Tomorrow evening I will respond to everyone at once; please pay over the weekend and I'll place the order as soon as all payments clear.  Much better plan.

Here's who I've got so far.

Myself
Bronchitis
Hallowken78
swisherprice
FEN1XDOWN

That's $37.77 a head.  Not bad at all considering most domestic LPs are like $29-34 PPD anymore, it feels like.

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Realized I'm jumping the gun a tiny bit by asking for payment way before the cutoff, whoops.  For now let's just to the plan on PMing me your details.  Tomorrow evening I will respond to everyone at once; please pay over the weekend and I'll place the order as soon as all payments clear.  Much better plan.

PM sent. Fantastic idea. I have been holding out a couple days, hoping for a US option. 

3 hours ago, Deathbyart said:

PM sent. Fantastic idea. I have been holding out a couple days, hoping for a US option. 

I got you covered, thanks for the PM.

Just need a message from @swisherprice and @hallowken78 when they get a chance.  I think we may be at peak savings so I'l maybe take 1 more since I'm not looking to juggle 10+ orders.

Just PM-ed you Derek - thanks man!

Also, just to point out that things will become even more confusing, the URL descriptors don’t appear to be matching the variant for all pages.  For instance, the clear with purple grimace speckles URL shows as this (clear with marbled black):

https://red-crk.com/products/birds-in-row-gris-klein-lp-gtfold-clear-w-marbled-black-pre-order

Edited by hallowken78

Cool catch on that variant.  I feel like DW will get a US exclusive and it’ll still be $30 PPD and probably pretty decent.  I’m pleased with the options we have to choose from at present though, and am confident I’d be content with my choice.

⚠️ We are officially at max capacity since I got 1 more PM just a moment ago.  Sorry folks; I have a stack of mailers for everyone, don’t get me wrong, but I didn’t think we’d have so much interest.

That being said, as much as I hate to say, please no more new PMs.  I have an AM meeting that needs my attention over here, but afterwards I will compile the latest and final list of buyers.  The good news is that since we’re at max, if everyone pays today I can place the order this afternoon.

Thanks all.

Alright guys, it's time for a final roll call.  Now that I believe I have all PMs, here's the breakdown I've got.

☑️ Myself – clear, purple marble
☑️ Bronchitis – Pink
☑️ FEN1XD0WN – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Deathbyart – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Hallowken78 – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Achillesstand7 – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Swisherprice – clear, purple marble

💸 ORDER HAS BEEN PLACED 💸

I mocked up both carts from the band's bandcamp and also their Red Creek label.  Bandcamp is factoring in tax and substantially higher, so Red Creek it is.  Here's what I've got:

BIR-Red-Creek.png

€238.83 / 7 = $34.12 + $3 Media Mail = $37.12.  I'm going to ask 🔺 $37.50 Paypal'd from each of you, since Google conversion never tends to equal out favorably to the US dollar.  And checking now, it is not a clean 1:1 like it was yesterday.  (The Euro is actually just barely stronger at the moment.  So the sooner we can place an order, the better.)

Euro.png

I've fixed my account so I can accept Friends & Family payment which I would truly appreciate.  I have 50 positive feedback on this site, and I recognize all of your names – I've been a part of VC for over a decade and won't bolt with $240 in my account.  You're in good hands.

Please note that very, very often – almost like clockwork – with these bulk group buys from abroad, there always seems to be a bit of transit damage that gets spread to all copies.  It could have something to do with the weight of 6+ records in one mailer, traveling halfway across the world, but I'll usually see something like 1 corner ding in the same spot for everyone's copy.  Like the entire box was dropped on one corner or something.  Etc.  I will add a note asking for extra packaging and care but there is no guarantee that will do anything.  Please know that I will ship your record very securely once it arrives at my place... but you may want to prepare for a lil' cosmetic damage to the record.  If it happens, there is a very good chance we'll all get fucked in the same way, in the same spot.  Like Eskimo Brothers but for vinyl imports.  It could be a bonding experience.

I will be messaging each of you with the total due and Paypal address to send it.  If we can secure all payments today, I will pull the trigger this evening.

Thank you.

Edited by Derek™

Just a sidenote which you probably 100% know, but don't let paypal exchange it for you as they use horrible rates (always the card issuer), for me today it wanted to give 0,95 dollar for 1 euro so imagine that it's the same other way around. 

Also big up for doing this, this is what a great community all about! 

Edited by xfactor675

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Alright guys, it's time for a final roll call.  Now that I believe I have all PMs, here's the breakdown I've got.

☑️ Myself – clear, purple marble
☑️ Bronchitis – Pink
_ FEN1XD0WN – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Deathbyart – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Hallowken78 – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Achillesstand7 – clear, purple splatter
☑️ Swisherprice – clear, purple marble

I mocked up both carts from the band's bandcamp and also their Red Creek label.  Bandcamp is factoring in tax and substantially higher, so Red Creek it is.  Here's what I've got:

BIR-Red-Creek.png

€238.83 / 7 = $34.12 + $3 Media Mail = $37.12.  I'm going to ask 🔺 $37.50 Paypal'd from each of you, since Google conversion never tends to equal out favorably to the US dollar.  And checking now, it is not a clean 1:1 like it was yesterday.  (The Euro is actually just barely stronger at the moment.  So the sooner we can place an order, the better.)

Euro.png

I've fixed my account so I can accept Friends & Family payment which I would truly appreciate.  I have 50 positive feedback on this site, and I recognize all of your names – I've been a part of VC for over a decade and won't bolt with $240 in my account.  You're in good hands.

Please note that very, very often – almost like clockwork – with these bulk group buys from abroad, there always seems to be a bit of transit damage that gets spread to all copies.  It could have something to do with the weight of 6+ records in one mailer, traveling halfway across the world, but I'll usually see something like 1 corner ding in the same spot for everyone's copy.  Like the entire box was dropped on one corner or something.  Etc.  I will add a note asking for extra packaging and care but there is no guarantee that will do anything.  Please know that I will ship your record very securely once it arrives at my place... but you may want to prepare for a lil' cosmetic damage to the record.  If it happens, there is a very good chance we'll all get fucked in the same way, in the same spot.  Like Eskimo Brothers but for vinyl imports.  It could be a bonding experience.

I will be messaging each of you with the total due and Paypal address to send it.  If we can secure all payments today, I will pull the trigger this evening.

Thank you.

Sent, and like you i of course notice your name. I haven't done MANY transactions and have been gone from this site for a hot minute and you selling me The Bled - Pass the Flask 8 YEARS ago is still one my recent inbox item 🤣

Edited by FEN1XD0WN