[PO] Birds In Row – Gris Klein

Alright all, the deed is done.  Order placed!  The screenshot above was my cart mockup at Red Creek, so all I did was submit it as is.  Bank flagged the payment, I authorized it, and it looks like it went through the second time, automatically.  There was no spot to add a note to the label so I just e-mailed them and asked them for a little extra love & care when packaging the order.

Thanks for the speedy turnaround and payments.  Probably the fastest group buy I've been a part of, from conception to order placement.  The last buy I orchestrated took over a year to manufacture the variants we needed, and after being strung along with "your new shipment expectation date" e-mails – every 2 weeks, for about 5 months – we all decided to cancel.  I hope the production and shipment of this release goes substantially smoother.

You’re all welcome.  At the end of the day it’s like 30 minutes of boxing records and sorting out who has what… and a weekend trip to the post office, but outside of that it lands me a copy for quite cheap so I’ve got nothing to complain about.

Now to just hope the Deathwish (US) distro copies aren’t the same variants for dirt cheap. 😅

On 7/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, Derek™ said:

The last buy I orchestrated took over a year to manufacture the variants we needed, and after being strung along with "your new shipment expectation date" e-mails – every 2 weeks, for about 5 months – we all decided to cancel.  I hope the production and shipment of this release goes substantially smoother.

**Gumbo72203 marked safe during the TRNA - Vostok group buy**

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 2:42 PM, Derek™ said:

I think I’m gonna’ hold off on listening to the new tracks.  The release date is only… what, 3 weeks out?  I hate knowing half of an album through singles before I can hear it front to back.  But that’s me.

Definitely seconding this.
I've permanently wrecked the flow in my head for other records I've looked forward to. This is one I expect to wear out like their last two full lengths and want to hear the whole thing together.

• 2 weeks later...

Album is sick.  There’s some really cool stuff happening on it.  43 minutes leaves a lot to dig but on first listen, Nympheas may still be a highlight for me – somehow that track keeps getting better and better, and has cemented itself as one of their best cuts, for me.

There’s a few tracks featuring cleaner vocals – maybe not “clean” so much as less aggressive – like 2-3 at most.  But I actually think they do a great job at keeping the essence of the band rooted, while giving the album some room to stretch its legs and breathe.  Don’t get me wrong, I love me some BIR when they’re all in and pummeling… but 40+ minutes of that kinda’ relentlessness would be fatiguing for sure.

Anyway.  Zero regrets on the pricy PO.  I don’t think it streams for another week, so you’re in for a treat whether you try it out digitally or wait for the record.  I find it to (already) be miles better than WALTW, personally.

Quick update to let everyone know that our copies have shipped as of this morning.  FedEx is saying the box weighs about 10 pounds, and is coming from Spain.  Pray that our corners survive – more updates to follow in this thread.

Edited by Derek™

Copies of this are starting to appear on Discogs… the variants available so far look to be right on the money and not at all underwhelming.  Eager to see how the splatter and marble turn out.

I think they may be shrink-wrapped though.  By default I am not going to open your record.  I know how to package LPs so that they don’t receive seam splits in transit, and I didn’t intend to open and re-sleeve everyone’s order.  If you’re fine with this and trust me; cool.  But if you strongly feel as though you’d prefer your shrink-wrap slit with the record removed, that is also okay.  I am willing to do that.  Please just let me know with a reply in this thread – no need to PM – and I’ll make note of it.