[PO] Birds In Row – Gris Klein

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Copies of this are starting to appear on Discogs… the variants available so far look to be right on the money and not at all underwhelming.  Eager to see how the splatter and marble turn out.

Yes I added the Baby Pink version !  I just listened my copy twice, the album is simply amazing...

I feel like such a fool missing out on the group buy for this one :( Was really hoping some variants would pop up in the US but the only release out there that I saw was for Revolver and Brooklyn Vegan... which ending up selling out rather quick... probably going to have to bite the bullet and just order from Redcreek... all the variants look too beautiful to pass up!

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Copies of this are starting to appear on Discogs… the variants available so far look to be right on the money and not at all underwhelming.  Eager to see how the splatter and marble turn out.

I think they may be shrink-wrapped though.  By default I am not going to open your record.  I know how to package LPs so that they don’t receive seam splits in transit, and I didn’t intend to open and re-sleeve everyone’s order.  If you’re fine with this and trust me; cool.  But if you strongly feel as though you’d prefer your shrink-wrap slit with the record removed, that is also okay.  I am willing to do that.  Please just let me know with a reply in this thread – no need to PM – and I’ll make note of it.

The band did a post showing all the varinats, they all came out great :)

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjaEgjcji7H/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I had a chance to listen to this yesterday and the album rules. Really didn’t like Noah at first as I previously commented but it sounds better to me when listening to the whole album. I have always reaaaaally disliked Birds in Row with singing. I’ll be damned if Trompe L’oeil isn’t the absolute shit though and now I kind of want a whole album like that. 

Album continues to get better and better for me.  So many people are snoozing on this record and band right now.

Just letting everyone know that our order touched down into the US yesterday.  FedEx provides an estimate of when it shows up, but it’s also getting flagged for “Operational Delays” and updating its status a bit slow.  For example, I did not realize it was supposed to arrive by this evening.  But now it’s slated for tomorrow night, despite being in Indianapolis and needing to arrive in California.  I’ll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, if you’ve been feeling restless or curious about what’s going on, know that we’re close… assuming the order wasn’t thrashed to oblivion, and contains what we ordered.  Even if they showed up tomorrow evening, I doubt I will have everything labeled and packaged for a Saturday shipment, so you can realistically expect me to provide you each with a tracking number sometime next week, on or before 10/29.  (It really depends on how stacked my afternoon meetings may get throughout the week.)

Just being transparent and keeping everyone in the know.  Thanks for your patience.

Well, well, well.  These guys just rolled in.

BIR.png

Huge shoutout to Red Creek for the amazing packaging job.  First time ordering through them and I’m more than impressed.  All 7 copies are flawless, not a single corner ding across the entire set.  They were stacked inside a thick mailer that sort of folded into 2 more mailers for a triple-layer fort of cardboard.  I have never received an international group buy in such good condition.

All variants are accounted for, too, if the stickers on the shrink are to be believed.

I wasn’t expecting them to show up so soon, and have plans for today / this evening… so I’m sticking to my guns and committing to next weekend to have these all out.  Packaging them up and labeling all your orders over the next few days. 👍

And… I think that’s a wrap.  Everyone should have received a tracking number as of this afternoon.  Thanks again to everyone for their patience on this thing.  I‘ve been on the move a fair bit this week, but didn’t want to flake on that projected shipping date.  I hope they reach everyone in the same top shape that they left my place in.

21 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Finally getting a chance to spin this. Great fuckin record. There’s a track on the B side that stopped me in my tracks, if you will. Good G work with some tight drumming. Somewhere on the middle of the B side. Idk…you guys look at song titles? lol

I'm going to assume it's Rodin. That's the one that gets me more so than the rest, each time I listen.

3 hours ago, Negron said:

I'm going to assume it's Rodin. That's the one that gets me more so than the rest, each time I listen.

100% it has to because that’s the one for me lol. It’s not however just that song, it’s the one leading into it that gives it that punch to elevate it to such great heights. “I’ve had enough of the darkness, I’ve had enough the night….” Then boom rodin  kicks in. Epic. 

Edited by MayCauseDeath

On 10/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, Derek™ said:

And… I think that’s a wrap.  Everyone should have received a tracking number as of this afternoon.  Thanks again to everyone for their patience on this thing.  I‘ve been on the move a fair bit this week, but didn’t want to flake on that projected shipping date.  I hope they reach everyone in the same top shape that they left my place in.

Got mine today in perfect condition. That was probably the fastest I have ever received a record that wasn’t shipped from my area. I was blasting this album on my way home from work and was pretty surprised to see it on my doorstep a few minutes ago.

19 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Got mine today in perfect condition. That was probably the fastest I have ever received a record that wasn’t shipped from my area. I was blasting this album on my way home from work and was pretty surprised to see it on my doorstep a few minutes ago.

Same. It actually showed up four days before USPS site even said it was set to deliver. Thank you so much @Derek™

On 10/31/2022 at 11:38 AM, MayCauseDeath said:

100% it has to because that’s the one for me lol. It’s not however just that song, it’s the one leading into it that gives it that punch to elevate it to such great heights. “I’ve had enough of the darkness, I’ve had enough the night….” Then boom rodin  kicks in. Epic. 

Ok yes. It's Rodin. This record hasn't left my TT lol

Glad to hear these are arriving quickly and in great shape so far.  I gave everything the tried and true, patented shake test™ before shipping them out, and made sure everyone had some Fragile stickers.  By coincidence or not, I’ve found that any mention of Fragile on my vinyl orders has resulted in a noticeably higher likelihood than the package isn’t thrashed or bent.

Super pleased with how the black sounds overall. My only complaint is some IGD rears its ugly head on the last track of each side, which unfortunately mars my favorite song on the album, Cathedrals. But for the bulk of the record, clarity and dynamic range are super strong. They've come a long way since recording/pressing YM&V.