PO: Regina Spektor - 11:11/Papa's Bootlegs LP or 3xLP (out August 26)

7f99614d-a35e-4a3f-93e0-37d14e9d35ed.jpg

5ef1c81d-053c-46d7-99eb-8bd467775347.jpg

LP only on Amazon for $24.98

3LP box set on Regina's website for $129.99

Regina Spektor is set to release a limited-edition boxed set of her beloved self-released debut album 11:11 in celebration of its 20th anniversary, due on August 26.

The special box set includes a remastered vinyl edition of 11:11, 2LP collection of live performances entitled Papa's Bootlegs, including never-before-heard or released songs from the 11:11 era—recorded by Regina's father—a full-color lyric booklet with liner notes, reproductions of original fliers, art, doodles and photos. The album cover for Papa’s Bootlegs was hand drawn by Spektor’s friend Seth Avett of The Avett Brothers.

“For years, I was relieved that this little record, made with friends while at university, got lost to time. It felt more like an old yearbook photo than something to be shared,” says Spektor.

She explains, “When I listened for the first time in almost 20 years, I realized how special it was to have this snapshot of my younger self and of a time that’s now completely gone. I had very little from this era, but my dad remembered that he had recorded all my earliest shows and shared those camcorder videos with me.”

“I discovered dozens of songs I had completely forgotten about. As I listened, I was surprised that instead of cringing, I was filled with gratitude. I finally got to thank that young girl for spending so much of her time working on art and for setting me on a lifelong path of songwriting and music making.”

I played Songs and 11:11 SOOO much before the proper albums so I was dedicated to picking up a vinyl copy of 11:11 when the preorder went live last year (https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/152327-po-now-regina-spektor-1111-papas-bootlegs-limited-edition-3xlp-box-set-20th-anniversary-reissue). I HATED that I was paying $130, but I had to have it. Now that there is a lower priced offering, I'm a little peeved, but will still probably intend to roll with over the rigamarole of attempting to cancel and get the 1LP. I just hate that I think I also have all the bootleg recordings from the Soulseek days, but we shall see.

The link above is not a call to delete this thread for the record.

43 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I played Songs and 11:11 SOOO much before the proper albums so I was dedicated to picking up a vinyl copy of 11:11 when the preorder went live last year (https://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/152327-po-now-regina-spektor-1111-papas-bootlegs-limited-edition-3xlp-box-set-20th-anniversary-reissue). I HATED that I was paying $130, but I had to have it. Now that there is a lower priced offering, I'm a little peeved, but will still probably intend to roll with over the rigamarole of attempting to cancel and get the 1LP. I just hate that I think I also have all the bootleg recordings from the Soulseek days, but we shall see.

The link above is not a call to delete this thread for the record.

Damn, I didn't realize they announced the triple LP last year. That's pretty fuckin' sneaky, they had to know they were doing a single-LP version too.