PO NOW(ish): Polyphia - Remember That You Will Die

Eyyyyyy its time, new Polyphia album comin at you.

Links got leaked early, still no pressing information, cover art, etc.
But if you want to roll the dice and get an order in check out the links below:

BLACK_BLUESMUSH_500x500.png
[SOLD OUT]  "RED / RETAIL" [x/????] -  polyphia.com/products/remember-that-you-will-die-standard-lp
[SOLD OUT]  "BONE VARIANT" [x/????] - urbanoutfitters.com/shop/polyphia-remember-that-you-will-die-limited-lp
[SOLD OUT]  "SILVER" [x/500] - shop.revolvermag.com/products/polyphia-remember-that-you-will-die-lp-limited-edition-only-500
[SOLD OUT]  "GENESIS VARIANT" [x/500] - polyphia.com/products/remember-that-you-will-die-genesis-variant-lp
[SOLD OUT]  "EGO DEATH VARIANT" [x/1,000] - polyphia.com/products/remember-that-you-will-die-ego-death-variant-lp
[SOLD OUT]  "MEMENTO MORI VARIANT" [x/1,500] - polyphia.com/products/remember-that-you-will-die-memento-mori-variant-lp

More Variants, thanks to @N8TRU

Edited by V3XED

• V3XED changed the title to PO NOW(ish): Polyphia - Remember That You Will Die

Yeah they must have taken the links down shortly after I placed my order.
I expect there will be an announcement and these will be back up in the next day or two though.

Curious to see if they eventually add mockups for each or if they intend to keep them 'mysetry' variants!
I was also able to confirm via my cart that the Genesis variant is x/500.

• 1 month later...

Album release date is confirmed for October 28th. The website shows the variants now too which is awesome.

Tracklist:

1. Genesis feat. Brasstracks
2. Playing God
3. The Audacity feat. Anomalie
4. Reverie
5. ABC feat. Sophia Black
6. Memento Mori feat. Killstation
7. Fuck Around and Find Out feat. $not
8. All Falls Apart
9. Neurotica
10. Chimera feat. Lil West
11. Bloodbath feat. Chino Moreno
12. Ego Death feat. Steve Vai

Edited by N8TRU

• 3 weeks later...

ABC rules. So does Sophia. I will always believe Polyphia are at their best when they get experimental. The first 2 songs felt like they could have been off  Renaissance which is fine but ultimately lacking potential. People made the same complaints about ABC as they did with Look But Don't Touch.

People are so funny to me with what they expect from music/bands.
(myself included at times, of course)
So like feel what you want to feel of course, IDGAF!

But for me I appreciate that they are always going for a new sounds, and am stoked to see already a big variety on the album.
If you peep the tracklisting, they even have a song with Chino Moreno as a ft.

Super stoked for this to come out, I think its going to be epic. 

And, I think eventually your going to see bands like Polyphia doing collabs/features with like *big* name pop/hip-hop artists.

Edited by V3XED

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Hello,

Thank you for your order and support of Polyphia! 

We are writing to update you on the status of your Remember That You Will Die LP pre-order. Due to production delays, we are now estimating to ship your order by 3/31/2023.

We appreciate your patience and thank you again for your support of Polyphia."

Vinyl production is never going to get better.

7 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Vinyl production is never going to get better.

Right? I’m assuming the only way it will correct is if external market factors (recession) force people to stop buying vinyl. Thus labels reduce their quotas and things eventually correct?

They could build more factories but the production capacity would have to pass demand for a bit and then they’d end up with unused capacity, which can’t scale down easily.

7 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Right? I’m assuming the only way it will correct is if external market factors (recession) force people to stop buying vinyl. Thus labels reduce their quotas and things eventually correct?

They could build more factories but the production capacity would have to pass demand for a bit and then they’d end up with unused capacity, which can’t scale down easily.

Correct. Given the cost to build a production facility that can't pivot to produce something else (at least I'm not aware of), it's far easier to raise the price to the point where you curb demand to meet supply. It doesn't seem we've reached that point yet given vinyl record sales, so a bit concerning that, in theory, we could continue to see prices climb to $40-50 for a single LP. I don't think we've seen that yet since people seem fine waiting a year for a record to show up, and that has keep the price from the plants artificially lower. 

• 3 months later...

I have the Spotify exclusive getting delivered today,  the one from the band is shipped but I assume it'll come over the weekend or next week. 

Saw them Tuesday night in St. Pete and they're touring with an Oxblood pressing as well, didn't realize it was a tour press only or I would have picked it up. 

Edit: Scratch that, according to Discogs the Oxblood is the standard edition. 

Edited by Corgipants