God Is An Astronaut - The Beginning Of The End 2 x LP - Napalm Records EU & US - shipping now

I guess because the news of this was a Friday (7/15)? or maybe I should have just tagged onto the Epitaph thread, as not really worthy of its own thread?

Napalm Records EU  most limited /300 Transparent Orange Black Marble

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:00
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement

Napalm Records US Store /300 Gold

There is a Black variant, CD, merch, etc. celebrating 20 years of "The End Of The Beginning" and how to songs have evolved through the decades of live performances.

In 2022, with 20 years and a strong collection of masterful, acclaimed albums to their name, Irish post-rock maestros GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT come full circle with their live studio output, The Beginning Of The End. Recorded at Windmill Lane Recording Studio in Dublin, Ireland on October 3, 2021, the album features modern transformations of all of the songs from their debut album, 2002’s The End Of The Beginning, encompassing each track’s evolutionary changes throughout the band’s years of live performances while allowing the original melodies and songwriting to shine through.

Stage classics such as "From Dust to the Beyond" and "Route 666" can be heard in a new light, with clear, transformative variations originally heard during the band’s captivating live performances now incorporated. Plus, in addition to these live expansions, technical advances have been applied to each track. Originally limited to just a keyboard sequencer and an Akai S3000 sampler on The End Of The Beginning, 20 years later on The Beginning Of The End, the band seizes the opportunity to breathe new life into these live versions, allowing them to bring more feeling, experience and expression to the music and songs. In addition to audible advancements in musicality, the release of The Beginning Of The End could not be more relevant than in these current dark times. War themes are strikingly evident on tracks such as the aforementioned "From Dust to the Beyond", as well as "The End of the Beginning" – named after a quote credited to Prime Minister Winston Churchill during the WWII era. Influenced by the chaos and futility of war, these themes are also reflected on the album’s cover, created by the band in collaboration with returning artist David Rooney. Featuring a war-torn concert hall and a piano, the art is a defiant message reflecting that the power of music transcends war and time.

GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT’s upcoming release, The Beginning Of The End, provides a sonic snapshot of the evolution of the Irish post-rock band over two decades. Made enthralling and memorable with live momentum, The Beginning Of The End belongs in every well-curated post-rock record collection!

1. The End of the Beginning
  2. From Dust to the Beyond
  3. Ascend to Oblivion
  4. Coda 
  5. Remembrance 
  6. Point Pleasant 
  7. Fall from the Stars 
  8. Twilight 
  9. Coma 
  10. Route 666 
  11. Lost Symphony

Edited by drds89

• drds89 changed the title to God Is An Astronaut - The Beginning Of The End 2 x LP - Napalm Records EU & US - shipping now

I already got mine today from Napalm US.  For labels who don't like to deal with "Where's my record?" this is the way to do it. Order a number you know you will sell through, get them in, see what color they actually are, announce one week ahead of time. Get orders and ship out within 2 to 3 days.

I got the Gold, and it's about as "gold" as the solid gold gets - way up from the puke green of Station (or yellow and orange from other releases).

45 RPM - the production will please bass lovers, no thinness here. I'm only 1 time through with the reworked tracks - I have never seen them live, but watched many a youtube video, so the changes or 'reworkings' don't seem that drastic. Since they are top 10 or at least top 20 postrock for me, this is a pleasing addition.