PO: Say Anything - In Defense Of Our Genre MOV Repress (September 9th, 2022)

10 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

Is popmarket reliable with pre-orders? I've never used them before.

for me yes, never got a preorder not fullfilled by them. For instance I got both Jack's mannequin colored mov press from ccmusic, which is basically = popmarket/deepdiscount/importcds

5 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

for me yes, never got a preorder not fullfilled by them. For instance I got both Jack's mannequin colored mov press from ccmusic, which is basically = popmarket/deepdiscount/importcds

Great, thanks. I'm probably being a little extra about getting this release. 1,500 copies seems short of demand in my opinion.

1 minute ago, N8TRU said:

Great, thanks. I'm probably being a little extra about getting this release. 1,500 copies seems short of demand in my opinion.

I feel the opposite, As someone said above it was on sale for ages at hot topic years ago, and I think there is only big demand for is a real boy from their disco. Also tried to listen to this yesterday, it didn't age well too 

6 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I feel the opposite, As someone said above it was on sale for ages at hot topic years ago, and I think there is only big demand for is a real boy from their disco. Also tried to listen to this yesterday, it didn't age well too 

We'll see. I've seen a lot of excitement in forums and Facebook groups about it. When Max put up some copies the other month a lot of people were trying to get them and they were gone instantly.

3 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

We'll see. I've seen a lot of excitement in forums and Facebook groups about it. When Max put up some copies the other month a lot of people were trying to get them and they were gone instantly.

also if you are too scared have a back-up plan too as I can't vouch for popmarket. It started to pop-up at indie stores too but they are in $40+ pricerange 

1 hour ago, MacDonals said:

I don't know if I'd trust Amazon with this limited of a run. I've made that mistake before.

If it's worth anything they've helped me get Slipknot's self-titled, Iowa and Chapter 3 before any other retailer was shipping with no problems. It could work out but it's cheaper almost everywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I finally got around to listening to my first pressing and it was quite the journey.

It's never spectacular, but it starts out sounding very competently pressed, surprisingly good clarity, presence, and dynamic range. There's an interesting analog tone to it that's surprising for a digitally-sourced master pressed in 2012... doesn't have the harshness of the CD rip pressings so many other albums of this era got. As you can guess, there's inner groove distortion on each side of this 89-minute behemoth (if somebody really wanted to do this right, they'd need a third disc), but the degree and length of the IGD varied pretty majorly (side A wasn't too bad, side C was rough). I did completely forget that Spay Me somehow got punted onto the end of Disc 1 for this, which is weird and a bummer because it was a victim of quite a bit of IGD. My copy does have a bit of surface noise, too, but it's only occasionally distracting. Overall, when it's good, it's actually quite good, but I'd say about 40% of the tracks are affected by IGD to some degree.

I'll be curious to hear the reviews from this pressing, but I don't see it solving the biggest issue, so I'm not planning on shelling out for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...