PO: Taylor Swift - Midnights LP - Out on 10/21

I was really hoping the reason distributors were being goofy with the release for independents was because they were going to exclusively get the 3am edition 

While I'd love for this to be true, I can't imagine it for vinyl. I have to think the 13 core tracks were chosen and sequenced in part to fit on sides A and B of a single LP. No reason though they couldn't quickly make CDs of the 20-song 3am version. Been awhile since Taylor has released a single LP of anything.

What’s everyone think of the album? 

I’ve only done one listen so far and I enjoyed it. It feels different but familiar. In a way it sounded like Chvrches and Phantogram style of pop. Which I dig. Didn’t pay too too close attention to the lyrics. Not yet at least. 

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

I’ve only done one listen so far and I enjoyed it. It feels different but familiar. In a way it sounded like Chvrches and Phantogram style of pop. Which I dig. Didn’t pay too too close attention to the lyrics. Not yet at least. 

Only one listen so far but was underwhelmed.  I like the first song but then after hearing a few more the whole album just feels like one long song to me that’s indistinguishable song to song. Will obviously listen further and see how that changes. Excited to see the like 7 videos she filmed for it. 

11 hours ago, jhulud said:

Usually, I ignore lyrics. Here, I loved the crafty rhyming and the vocabulary. Music and production are tasteful and exploratory. I was disappointed by the melodies, they all seemed too familiar.  Anti-Hero was a standout, Karma was good. 
Lyric that pulled me in:

No one wanted to play with me as a little kid
So I've been scheming like a criminal ever since
To make them love me and make it seem effortless
This is the first time I've felt the need to confess
And I swear
I'm only cryptic and Machiavellian 'cause I care