PO: Taylor Swift - Midnights LP - Out on 10/21

13 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

Just got the “you’ve been selected” email and my code should be coming tonight. 

Same. But just realized I’ll be on the road by the time tix go on sale. I’m in Orlando right now for SSPU and didn’t bring my laptop. 

Oh well. Not stressed cuz I’m sure decent seats will be hella expensive & don’t have the cheddar right now. 

The biggest clusterfuck I ever dealt with as far as Ticketmaster goes. After 4 hours of queuing I finally got in, but my code didn't work. It finally did after trying for 15 minutes, but by then there was like nothing left so I just scrolled about waiting if any more popped up. I was finally able to snag 2 VIP floor seats. $1735 after fees.

11 minutes ago, jhulud said:

It’s shit like this that painfully reminds me that no one listened to Pearl Jam back in ‘94. 

That is what I keep screaming about. NO ONE stood with them. All of the big bands sat on their hands and we are now here. Did Metallica stand up for something important? No, Lars just cried about Napster all for nothing. Metallica, U2, all the other Seattle bands, and many other big bands at that time, they all should have stood up to Ticketmaster.

1 hour ago, Corgipants said:

I wan in line from 10:00 to 2:20, got really cheap, really garbage seats. So much for having any kind of priority, I made it through the queue three times and it errored out and kicked me back to the beginning twice. 

How much are cheap, garbage seats? Hoping I can take my family of 5 for less than $500. Although doubting I'll even get tickets at all since I am only on the waitlist. Will try the Capital One thing tomorrow. I am in Detroit, and there are two shows here, so perhaps that will help me out.

13 minutes ago, Alan P said:

How much are cheap, garbage seats? Hoping I can take my family of 5 for less than $500. Although doubting I'll even get tickets at all since I am only on the waitlist. Will try the Capital One thing tomorrow. I am in Detroit, and there are two shows here, so perhaps that will help me out.

I paid 49$ each, so it was like just under 300 for four after fees

Secured four 300 level tickets in Seattle for $99+fees each. Really not bad, all things considered. 200 level jumped to nearly $300 each before fees, and I didn't even bother looking at lower/closer. They had to have been insane, though. 

My daughter is stoked to be seeing Taylor one night, and Paramore the next day. So I guess that's what matters.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Not judging, but I cannot imagine spending that much on tickets for ANYONE. I should clarify, no one currently living...

Exactly. You could spend literally  half as much and go to a 2-3 day festival and spend the other half to travel and accommodate there and have, like, more bang for your buck.

People massively stressing out to  ridiculously overpay (for a show that's part of a massive tour and not a one of a kind sort of experience) to be surrounded by tens-of-thousands of rich white teenagers in a football stadium for 3 hours is super weird to me, but if you got it like that and your spouse won't leave you over it and you won't massively regret your decision immediately, more power to you. Honestly not judging, just baffled by this whole Taylor breaking Ticketmaster thing.

Yesterday seemed like such a shitshow, even to observe from a distance. I'm honestly glad she hasn't announced Canadian dates yet because I do not wanna have to deal with Ticketmaster's antics. It'll be inevitable at some point whenever they are announced but yeah. Fuck that. Maybe we should be bringing back some form of virtual shows where at least some people have the ability to watch from home

It is all so ludicrous.  I spent hours yesterday trying and failing to get tickets. But the cheapest ones I almost had my hands on were $119 each, which for my family of 5 would have been over $700! I am torn between frustrated I didn't get any and relieved I didn't spend that kind of money on a single concert.