PO NOW: Soul Blind - Feel It All Around (Nov 11th)

The new songs are awesome. I love how much this band is like Superheaven. When I saw them this summer I noticed even their stage presence was similar to Superheaven. It's also cool how much different of an experience they are live. The recordings are great, but I'd say they're 5 times better live.

26 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

The new songs are awesome. I love how much this band is like Superheaven. When I saw them this summer I noticed even their stage presence was similar to Superheaven. It's also cool how much different of an experience they are live. The recordings are great, but I'd say they're 5 times better live.

They were fantastic on that Drug Church / One Step Closer tour this past Spring.

I also still need to see these guys live. Really should've caught the Drug Church tour, but somehow I missed it until a few days after they played NYC.

I can't decide whether I like these guys or not. Like, if this had come out in the 90s, I would have probably dismissed it as generic mall grunge. It would have been an easy pass. With the benefit of hindsight, it's the bouncy post-hardcore elements that make the music interesting, at least to me.

Also I hate that the less limited variant looks 10x better lol.

Saw these guys open for Angel Du$t last month and really dug it, live they came off a lot like Helmet IMO, although the recorded stuff I've heard sounds more like nu-Silverchair. I was a bit pissed when I got home after the show, where I thought I had bought an LP only to find I spend $20 on a single sided 12" with three songs though.

*listening to System (Failing) right now and it totally has Helmet vibes on everything but the vocals.

Edited by SNEAKORDS

2 hours ago, SNEAKORDS said:

Saw these guys open for Angel Du$t last month and really dug it, live they came off a lot like Helmet IMO, although the recorded stuff I've heard sounds more like nu-Silverchair. I was a bit pissed when I got home after the show, where I thought I had bought an LP only to find I spend $20 on a single sided 12" with three songs though.

*listening to System (Failing) right now and it totally has Helmet vibes on everything but the vocals.

If I didn't already love this band, the term nu-Silverchair definitely would've made me check them out! 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Only after you accept aesthetics > rarity can you ascend as a respectable vinyl enthusiast.

Fortunately my goals are neither ascendance nor respectability.

I'm going to the upcoming show in Queens, fingers crossed for a release variant.

Edited by ParallelofDeath

2 hours ago, ParallelofDeath said:

Fortunately my goals are neither ascendance nor respectability.

Oh yeah, I didn’t figure as much.  More than ever with newer users on this forum, it’s pretty apparent who’ve been a part of this hobby and who are pandemic collectors that crawled in from Reddit.

1 hour ago, Sad Heart said:

They remind me a lot of Daylight / Superheaven. 

That’s a name I haven’t seen in a minute.  VC was all aboard the Superheaven train with OIC back in the day – or so it felt like.  Even though I was never fully sold on them, just seeing the art for that album has me feeling a smidge nostalgic.

23 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Oh yeah, I didn’t figure as much.  More than ever with newer users on this forum, it’s pretty apparent who’ve been a part of this hobby and who are pandemic collectors that crawled in from Reddit.

That’s a name I haven’t seen in a minute.  VC was all aboard the Superheaven train with OIC back in the day – or so it felt like.  Even though I was never fully sold on them, just seeing the art for that album has me feeling a smidge nostalgic.

I always loved Jar. Didn't care for them much after the name change, as their sophomore album is alright. But I didn't listened to Jar a lot, and it's been coming back in my rotation as of late. As this Soul Blind is in that spectrum for me, so that's getting added in too.  

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I bet you're genuinely a great guy in person, and that's the only assumption I'm going to make about you, so it's all good.

Anyway, I'm into this album, really looking forward to seeing them live.

3 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

I always loved Jar. Didn't care for them much after the name change, as their sophomore album is alright.

Man I loved that first Daylight/Superheaven album. "Around the Railing" is such a fun song to play on drums. Easy, yes. But just an absolute banger and full of energy.