Awesome Merch/Distro Bankruptcy Affecting Labels & Their Orders (Most Notably Topshelf Recs)

jhulud

10 hours ago, porkdad said:

I wasn’t being wholly serious, but also…????They have absolutely released twinkly music in the past decade. Emo revival is not face of their catalog anymore, but it’s far from absent…

Sweet Pill, Gulfer, AGPOL, Really From, Standards… those are all bands who just released stuff since 2020.

Sorry wasn’t sure. A LOT of people, that were fans from 2009-2014, don’t really pay much attention to what they’ve been doing for the last 5 or so years, which is a shame.

Gulfer, Sweet Pill, Standards & Really From are exactly who I was referring to when I said “few things here and there” Solid releases that should still keep the stalwarts coming back. But also, when it comes to that term, I have a certain idea in mind. Most things people would call that, I just think “math-adjacent”. 

Edited by MyEnemy

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

By the way, has anyone gotten their records from the Kickstarter? I’m not going to bug him since he blew up on that one guy, but just curious what the holdup is now.

I got a shipping notification for a vinyl reward on Feb 17. But it's only label created status. 

In January, there was a kickstarter update saying they were making some of the handmade things still but things should be going out in February. so it seems to be a little behind, but not by much so far. 

Edited by Justinadamk

1 minute ago, Justinadamk said:

In January, there was a kickstarter update saying they were making some of the handmade things still but things should be going out in February. so it seems to be a little behind, but not by much so far. 

Yeah just realized that post was barely in January. Will give it a pass for at least a few more months. Was just curious because so many of my other back orders have started shipping.

Elephant Gym's album from Topshelf was supposed to ship in February as well. It's been delayed more than once and I haven't gotten a new update. Coming up on the 1 year mark mid-March for that preorder. I don't want to bug them for an update but they really should be telling us when delays pop up.

4 hours ago, N8TRU said:

but they really should be telling us when delays pop up.

IMO, the standard Id really like labels to adopt is what iam8bit does. Even though their estimates are garbage and often change, they have all the preorder times listed on its own page. So it’s easy to not bug customer support when it’s just available for me right there.

• 1 month later...

It is 1:30AM. Just got back driving from one side of California to the other and found this package. Decided to open it to see what I got. +1 point for being two things that I somehow didn’t have.

Got a test press for Donovan Wolfington’s “How to Treat the Ones You Love” and a Silver Pressing of The Jazz June’s “After the Earthquake” Also included were like 6 label stickers, a Bandcamp paper for their 2021 Sampler, and 3 posters (Really From “ST”, Sorority Noise “It Kindly Stopped for Me”, and Pianos Become the Teeth “The Lack Long After”)

So not the greatest value at $147 shipped, but I get that it was mostly for them anyways. I won’t be an asshole about it. I do dig the DW release and jam it semi-regularly. I have only listened to that JJ record maybe once though so we shall see. Posters may honestly be the thing I was most excited for.

• 5 months later...