Jump to content

PO: Boys Night Out 'Make Yourself Sick' On Sale 22nd September 11am EST


Sonorsaur
 Share

Recommended Posts

Boys Night Out - Make Yourself Sick

Parting Gift/Take This To Heart Records

First Press:

400: Heavy Splatter - (Colbalt & Canary Yellow) 

600: Whirlpool Mix

1000:Color In Color - (Sky Blue & White) 

https://www.takethistoheartrecords.com/products/732121-boys-night-out-make-yourself-sick

spacer.png

Edited by Sonorsaur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Miss those days of Virgil putting up bundles during the pre order. $20 for both color ways. 

Vinyl Collective Item #82138062
BOYS NIGHT OUT "Make Yourself Sick" LP set of both colors
Price: $20.00
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: SH77-1set
Date: 9/16/2008 8:26:28 PM

Then got the test pressing from him for $40. 

Vinyl Collective Item #82159061
BOYS NIGHT OUT make yourself LP TEST PRESS #/10
Price: $40.00
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: SH77-1TP
Date: 12/4/2008 8:12:53 AM

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I'm a little sketched out that picture on Instagram showed the label testing the test presses on a $2 turntable lol

I mean... it's better than them not testing it right? They at least know if theirs major static, skips, etc. I feel like a lot of labels stopped checking, or only listen to 1/10, which is how we got a million records from the ETID Parts Unknown press that have 1-3 skips depending on your luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, redroom said:

I'm like 90% sure the Self-titled will drop on Thursday. 

 

Parting Gift teased the next release with a little hint from the artwork. 

If I'm correct it's from the back of the album. 

Just looked at the back of my CD and you're definitely right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

would you guys think they'd be willing to combine orders? I'm afraid they are not. It was not best idea for even them to put them up separetely packaging-wise and the fact that 90% of the buyers will be the same .... 

 

Edit: already got the answer of a no. I wonder why is it so hard to do this... 

Edited by xfactor675
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

would you guys think they'd be willing to combine orders? I'm afraid they are not. It was not best idea for even them to put them up separetely packaging-wise and the fact that 90% of the buyers will be the same .... 

 

Edit: already got the answer of a no. I wonder why is it so hard to do this... 

I mean. i get it to a point. it adds complication to an assembly line to find each and every order that needs to be combined. If it's just one or two people having do all the work, anything adding to the already limited bandwidth of the individual isn't worth it typically.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, nevelsaynevels said:

I mean. i get it to a point. it adds complication to an assembly line to find each and every order that needs to be combined. If it's just one or two people having do all the work, anything adding to the already limited bandwidth of the individual isn't worth it typically.

 

 

I'm pretty sure that is like 1-click in the whatever software they use for the orders. You are right that it has to be done manually but as neither of these records are in stock they could just ship out when the latter comes, while saving on packaging material and resources. In the past fat, rfc, topshelf and etc could do it. It's just the question of the will i think. 

Edited by xfactor675
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I'm pretty sure that is like 1-click in the whatever software they use for the orders. You are right that it has to be done manually but as neither of these records are in stock they could just ship out when the latter comes, while saving on packaging material and resources. In the past fat, rfc, topshelf and etc could do it. It's just the question of the will i think. 

I mean that's an assumption... I ship out merch and any changes after the order is done does cause issues enough that it backs up the entire process..... There's typically not a magical "combine this order with that order" button on online stores on the backend..  I've had  to run a search on the name and then make a specific note that two orders are related..... So to your point, I bet a separate software exists to help manage that, but I wouldn't expect a small record label to have that ability but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

would you guys think they'd be willing to combine orders? I'm afraid they are not. It was not best idea for even them to put them up separetely packaging-wise and the fact that 90% of the buyers will be the same .... 

 

Edit: already got the answer of a no. I wonder why is it so hard to do this... 

As someone who has worked shipping for a record label, nah dude. I’m sorry for the exorbitant shipping fees, but it just causes more issues. 
 

Not to mention, you’re not dealing with a single person, you’re dealing with a fulfillment company. They don’t want that shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×

Please disable AdBlocker

Okay