PO: Boys Night Out 'Make Yourself Sick' On Sale 22nd September 11am EST

Sonorsaur

Boys Night Out - Make Yourself Sick

Parting Gift/Take This To Heart Records

First Press:

400: Heavy Splatter - (Colbalt & Canary Yellow) 

600: Whirlpool Mix

1000:Color In Color - (Sky Blue & White) 

https://www.takethistoheartrecords.com/products/732121-boys-night-out-make-yourself-sick

spacer.png

Edited by Sonorsaur

Miss those days of Virgil putting up bundles during the pre order. $20 for both color ways. 

Vinyl Collective Item #82138062
BOYS NIGHT OUT "Make Yourself Sick" LP set of both colors
Price: $20.00
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: SH77-1set
Date: 9/16/2008 8:26:28 PM

Then got the test pressing from him for $40. 

Vinyl Collective Item #82159061
BOYS NIGHT OUT make yourself LP TEST PRESS #/10
Price: $40.00
Quantity: 1
Inventory SKU: SH77-1TP
Date: 12/4/2008 8:12:53 AM

20 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I'm a little sketched out that picture on Instagram showed the label testing the test presses on a $2 turntable lol

I mean... it's better than them not testing it right? They at least know if theirs major static, skips, etc. I feel like a lot of labels stopped checking, or only listen to 1/10, which is how we got a million records from the ETID Parts Unknown press that have 1-3 skips depending on your luck.

• 4 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, redroom said:

I'm like 90% sure the Self-titled will drop on Thursday. 

Parting Gift teased the next release with a little hint from the artwork. 

If I'm correct it's from the back of the album. 

Just looked at the back of my CD and you're definitely right.

would you guys think they'd be willing to combine orders? I'm afraid they are not. It was not best idea for even them to put them up separetely packaging-wise and the fact that 90% of the buyers will be the same .... 

Edit: already got the answer of a no. I wonder why is it so hard to do this... 

Edited by xfactor675

5 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

would you guys think they'd be willing to combine orders? I'm afraid they are not. It was not best idea for even them to put them up separetely packaging-wise and the fact that 90% of the buyers will be the same .... 

I mean. i get it to a point. it adds complication to an assembly line to find each and every order that needs to be combined. If it's just one or two people having do all the work, anything adding to the already limited bandwidth of the individual isn't worth it typically.

31 minutes ago, nevelsaynevels said:

I mean. i get it to a point. it adds complication to an assembly line to find each and every order that needs to be combined. If it's just one or two people having do all the work, anything adding to the already limited bandwidth of the individual isn't worth it typically.

I'm pretty sure that is like 1-click in the whatever software they use for the orders. You are right that it has to be done manually but as neither of these records are in stock they could just ship out when the latter comes, while saving on packaging material and resources. In the past fat, rfc, topshelf and etc could do it. It's just the question of the will i think. 

Edited by xfactor675

25 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I'm pretty sure that is like 1-click in the whatever software they use for the orders. You are right that it has to be done manually but as neither of these records are in stock they could just ship out when the latter comes, while saving on packaging material and resources. In the past fat, rfc, topshelf and etc could do it. It's just the question of the will i think. 

I mean that's an assumption... I ship out merch and any changes after the order is done does cause issues enough that it backs up the entire process..... There's typically not a magical "combine this order with that order" button on online stores on the backend..  I've had  to run a search on the name and then make a specific note that two orders are related..... So to your point, I bet a separate software exists to help manage that, but I wouldn't expect a small record label to have that ability but it doesn't hurt to ask. 

8 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

As someone who has worked shipping for a record label, nah dude. I’m sorry for the exorbitant shipping fees, but it just causes more issues. 

Not to mention, you’re not dealing with a single person, you’re dealing with a fulfillment company. They don’t want that shit.