PO SOON: He Is Legend - Endless Hallway (Nov 11th)

New album Endless Hallway announced today set for November 11th physical release (digital is October 28th per Apple Music). No pre-order links yet from their label, Spinefarm Records, yet there's an announcement news article on the labels homepage. Even says "pre-order here", but "here" isn't linked to anything yet. So probably coming very soon. 

https://www.spinefarmrecords.com/312/news/he-is-legend-announce-new-album-endless-hallway

https://spinefarm.merchnow.com/collections/all-music

2 new songs are fire as always. Can't believe these guys are still kicking ass 20+ years later: 

Edited by ethanpricington

So, as it is spinefarm, it's safe to assume we can expect  overpriced, "endless" black variant like the last 2, right? 

Also the songs are soooo forced. This band seems to heading nowhere with the 3rd album in a row... 

Edited by xfactor675

6 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

So, as it is spinefarm, it's safe to assume we can expect  overpriced, "endless" black variant like the last 2, right? 

Also the songs are soooo forced. This band seems to heading nowhere with the 3rd album in a row... 

that’s crazy talk. white bat was a huge banger minus the vocal repeating part in resistor resist her. still, 10/10. I’ll die on that hill.

Just now, burndownlosangeles said:

that’s crazy talk. white bat was a huge banger minus the vocal repeating part in resistor resist her. still, 10/10. I’ll die on that hill.

I agree so much with this. Also, it's funny that right after that vocal repeat part is what I consider one of their most dirty southern rock moments from Schuyler since It Hates You

Love this band.

Looking at the pre-order site they seem to still have copies of White Bat  & Few in "black ice"

So not too in a hurry to grab this. But will def grab with some merch in the near future.

Did anyone pitch on their gofundme/indiegogo for Few and grab the coloured vinyl that I'm pretty sure just ended up being just black also?

1 hour ago, Tewreal said:

Love this band.

Looking at the pre-order site they seem to still have copies of White Bat  & Few in "black ice"

So not too in a hurry to grab this. But will def grab with some merch in the near future.

Did anyone pitch on their gofundme/indiegogo for Few and grab the coloured vinyl that I'm pretty sure just ended up being just black also?

I did and it was just black. Such a fucking rip off. I love this band but have no interest in their vinyl since it’s not ok color. I have their first releases on vinyl but all the others are still around because they are black and not limited. 

21 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I love this band but have no interest in their vinyl since it’s not [on] color

Just checking in to make sure you knew that black vinyl can be spun on a turntable, and actually sounds pretty good.  (In case you’ve never given it a shot.)  I love me a good variant as much as the next guy but vinyl is a music medium more than it is a Funko Pop.

5 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Was it ever that cheap? Ive never seen it under 30 hence I never bought it. 

I just remember randomly catching it for less than $30 because I was in the same boat. Could have been on eBay though. It’s actually embossed and is better quality than I expected 

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Just checking in to make sure you knew that black vinyl can be spun on a turntable, and actually sounds pretty good.  (In case you’ve never given it a shot.)  I love me a good variant as much as the next guy but vinyl is a music medium more than it is a Funko Pop.

Yes but there is no urgency to buy it for over inflated price. White Bat was 40$ retail when it was released. The fundraising was 150$ for black vinyl. Your smart ass comment is not warranted. I would rather wait and buy it when it’s dirt cheap knowing it will be around. Inflated prices are one thing, but inflated prices for something that will sit for years and eventually drop in price is another. Were you aware that prices drop? Also yes vinyl is a music medium that can be listened to but I don’t want to be price gouged for something almost guaranteed to drop. So I will wait. Just wanted to make sure you are aware that something purchased at 50 sounds the same at a later date if purchased at 20.

Edited by MayCauseDeath

6 minutes ago, fartsandwich said:

I just remember randomly catching it for less than $30 because I was in the same boat. Could have been on eBay though. It’s actually embossed and is better quality than I expected 

I swear it was 40-50 retail when it was first released because I specifically did not buy it because of the outrageous price, and it's still available so I’ll wait a little longer. 

36 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Yes but there is no urgency to buy it for over inflated price. White Bat was 40$ retail when it was released. The fundraising was 150$ for black vinyl. Your smart ass comment is not warranted. I would rather wait and buy it when it’s dirt cheap knowing it will be around. Inflated prices are one thing, but inflated prices for something that will sit for years and eventually drop in price is another. Were you aware that prices drop? Also yes vinyl is a music medium that can be listened to but I don’t want to be price gouged for something almost guaranteed to drop. So I will wait. Just wanted to make sure you are aware that something purchased at 50 sounds the same at a later date if purchased at 20.

Your post reeks of “if it isn’t on black vinyl I won’t bother” which is a pretty broad stance that reveals your true colors as a collector first, music enthusiast second.  In this particular case, sure, $40 for a single LP is gross… but that I think that’s gross regardless of whether it’s limited, colored, numbered, etc.

Ultimately you would have had no issue paying $40 for that same LP if it was on anything but black vinyl (😂) but since it’s “just” black wax, it can be bought… someday.  Which is fine.  I’m absolutely not arguing that $40 records - especially without any bells, whistles, or in limited editions - can be found on Discogs months or years later.  And that seems pragmatic to me.  I’ve done that before.  It’s smart.

But intended or not, your post makes you sound like the kinda’ guy who would enjoy an artist deeply - while pretending they’re a fan of vinyl - but forgo owning any of their records since they’ve only ever been pressed on black vinyl.  And I guess I just need you to know how incredibly fucking dumb that is.  I’m not talking about $40 or $150 Kickstarters.  I’m talking about the bevy of music out there that’s only ever been pressed on black vinyl, without a limited edition, and is available to spin for something in the $15-$30 price range.

I know your tastes are pigeonholed exclusively to things sold on Deathwish or bands that fall into a “-core” genre, so you’ll have to take my word for it; there’s a lot of those “gross” or “boring” black records out there that contain some genuinely good music.  To shrug it all off and say “eh I’ll just stream it until a ~limited edition splatter variant /200~ becomes available” is some peak Reddit cringe, where I’ve literally seen comments that [unironically] read “ewww black vinyl. 🤣

You’ve been a part of the forums for a long time, so I know you’re not really a tourist to the hobby.  I’m just letting you know that you sound like one, or are admitting to being one.

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Your post reeks of “if it isn’t on black vinyl I won’t bother” which is a pretty broad stance that reveals your true colors as a collector first, music enthusiast second.  In this particular case, sure, $40 for a single LP is gross… but that I think that’s gross regardless of whether it’s limited, colored, numbered, etc.

Ultimately you would have had no issue paying $40 for that same LP if it was on anything but black vinyl (😂) but since it’s “just” black wax, it can be bought… someday.  Which is fine.  I’m absolutely not arguing that $40 records - especially without any bells, whistles, or in limited editions - can be found on Discogs months or years later.  And that seems pragmatic to me.  I’ve done that before.  It’s smart.

But intended or not, your post makes you sound like the kinda’ guy who would enjoy an artist deeply - while pretending they’re a fan of vinyl - but forgo owning any of their records since they’ve only ever been pressed on black vinyl.  And I guess I just need you to know how incredibly fucking dumb that is.  I’m not talking about $40 or $150 Kickstarters.  I’m talking about the bevy of music out there that’s only ever been pressed on black vinyl, without a limited edition, and is available to spin for something in the $15-$30 price range.

I know your tastes are pigeonholed exclusively to things sold on Deathwish or bands that fall into a “-core” genre, so you’ll have to take my word for it; there’s a lot of those “gross” or “boring” black records out there that contain some genuinely good music.  To shrug it all off and say “eh I’ll just stream it until a ~limited edition splatter variant /200~ becomes available” is some peak Reddit cringe, where I’ve literally seen comments that [unironically] read “ewww black vinyl. 🤣

You’ve been a part of the forums for a long time, so I know you’re not really a tourist to the hobby.  I’m just letting you know that you sound like one, or are admitting to being one.

I agree with your post and it’s correct and that’s not where I am coming from. I guess I am pissed that they screwed over their fans for the funding campaign and I am bitter so I won’t purchase any vinyl from them until it’s dirt cheap. I love this band but they charged 150 for a colored vinyl that was exclusive to backers to only send black then block everyone and never acknowledge it. Literally block people just asking hey what’s going on with this. I should have clarified more that I will

never by THEIR black overpriced vinyl because they screwed people over. I will absolutely buy black records for bands I love that will support them. I will also buy their vinyl if it’s cheap or has some collectors purpose because I do love them, but they are the only group I listen to that charge this much for black vinyl. 

Gotcha’.  I can’t weigh in on this band and their bullshit antics, so I’m not trying to defend them or poke holes in why you’re taking the stance you are.  Your first post could just be perceived as a general “if it’s not limited, I don’t want it” kind of mentality, and that’s all I was getting at.  That concept is absurd on paper, but actually something I’m seeing more and more lately from post-pandemic collectors.  So at this point I’m ruling nothing out, but yeah – I would really hope that for as long as you’ve been on the boards, you’d own some records that have never seen the color treatment.  It would blow my mind if you didn’t, but I’m 100% confident that somewhere out there are people who pride themselves in owning an entire collection of variants, no exceptions.  Rows and rows of records with not a single piece of black wax in sight.

(And in case anyone tries to cite this post of mine down the road to call me a hypocrite, I’ll be the first to admit that I’ll gladly get in line to re-buy something that I only owned on black vinyl for years, if it eventually gets reissued on a cool colorway or limited edition.  I not only understand but also fully practice the appeal of that, and I’m not at all saying that variants are dumb or meaningless in the big picture of the hobby.  I would just never rob myself of owning something for the time being if black was the only option it ever existed on.  Especially at a reasonable price.)

Moral of the story, I guess: don’t get baited by no-frill $40 Kickstarter LPs. 👎

Edited by Derek™

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 3:22 PM, xfactor675 said:

I take this back, on a few listens this is their most fun record post-it hates you 

Edited by xfactor675

On 9/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

I swear it was 40-50 retail when it was first released because I specifically did not buy it because of the outrageous price, and it's still available so I’ll wait a little longer. 

I snagged both Few and White Bat for $21.99 each on Amazon last year after Christmas. 

Gotta love a good fight over misunderstanding/interpretation/poor wording. VC at it's best!

But also, I never knew there was no resolution for those who funded the kickstarter. That is sooooo messed up. Literally no one has ever rec'd a response from the band? They just don't seem like the type of dudes to do that. Very disappointing

Dude. Few is the only album for me from HIL that doesn't fully enthrall me, but god damn this record is good. The singles weren't my favorite (Outside of Sour) But there's so much proper hooks and riffage on this record. 

Also them having Matt ryan tobin do the album artwork for the past two records has me excited as well. 

• 4 months later...