Bleeding Through “This Is Love, This Is Murderous”

Revolver is selling Bleeding Through’s “This Is Love, This Is Murderous”.   Only 530 copies. 

Good news is, this is the first ever vinyl pressing. Bad news is, they made it more expensive by bundling every copy with a NFT. 

$62.00 after shipping for me. (USA resident)

Edited by Velocity of Sound

31 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

It’s sucks for sure, but by the time these records are pressed, I will have long forgotten about that $62 and will be plenty excited to own the album. 

Sure, I probably would forget and be stoked too. But I'm still not going to give them an extra $25 for a worthless NFT. 

36 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

It’s sucks for sure, but by the time these records are pressed, I will have long forgotten about that $62 and will be plenty excited to own the album. 

do you want this to become the new normal for vinyl? because this take is how it becomes the new normal.  im not arguing against the existence of NFTs (if someone wants to buy them, go for it) but im definitely arguing against having to buy a $62 record because its packaged with an NFT. the day that it would cost me over $300 to order 5 new records is the day i stop buying music entirely.  a couple other points worth considering...

1. this is being done by revolver magazine, who has been around for about two decades, but its only in the last few years they have been pushing their way into selling records, merch, etc. and it looks like they only put out 4 issues a year now. dunno about you, but im not really interested in propping up a business that's in an industry that is slowly circling the drain by buying $62 records that would cost $25-30 (ill grant you, maybe $35) if literally anybody else had pressed it.

2. trustkill and revolver have cross-posted promoting this release but there's complete silence from the band themselves which tells me everything i need to know about how they feel about this release. not surprising considering their past with trustkill, but still a confirmation.

2 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

do you want this to become the new normal for vinyl? because this take is how it becomes the new normal.  im not arguing against the existence of NFTs (if someone wants to buy them, go for it) but im definitely arguing against having to buy a $62 record because its packaged with an NFT. the day that it would cost me over $300 to order 5 new records is the day i stop buying music entirely.  a couple other points worth considering...

1. this is being done by revolver magazine, who has been around for about two decades, but its only in the last few years they have been pushing their way into selling records, merch, etc. and it looks like they only put out 4 issues a year now. dunno about you, but im not really interested in propping up a business that's in an industry that is slowly circling the drain by buying $62 records that would cost $25-30 (ill grant you, maybe $35) if literally anybody else had pressed it.

2. trustkill and revolver have cross-posted promoting this release but there's complete silence from the band themselves which tells me everything i need to know about how they feel about this release. not surprising considering their past with trustkill, but still a confirmation.

Nailed it.

I'll buy vinyl. But don't want this NFT thing to become a thing with limited releases. Those "NFTs" I'd say took about an hour to make (They look like shit) & prolly about $5 to mint on the Polygon blockchain. I'll buy a record for my collection, don't need to pony up for a spinning trading card on an already expensive hobby. (Shipping to Canada sucks)

49 minutes ago, mattisr1984 said:

Do I want this to be the new normal? No, I don’t. Do I want to own “This Is Love, This Is Murderous” on vinyl? Yes, I do. 
I feel fortunate enough to be able to buy this record without causing me any financial grief. I understand that not everybody is in that situation, but for me, I’m buying the record.
I also know, that once this vinyl is sold out it will never be worth less than $62.

I started this thread by saying that it came with “bad news”.

All of your points are very valid.