PO: Paramore "This Is Why" 2/10/23

INRIhab

• INRIhab changed the title to PO: Paramore "This Is Why" 2/10/23

This sound will definitely have to grow on me. It sounds a lot like Hayley's solo stuff which is fine. After Laughter was quite the sonic departure as well, but the melodies and song writing were top notch catchy. This is obviously in more of the 'artsy alt' realm. Interested to hear some others from the album

**UPDATE**

Upon several listens over the past few days, can say the song and their direction has definitely grown on me. Kinda hoping we get a darker side of this sound on the album too. If Paramore is the new Radiohead/Bloc Party, then I guess I'm here for it lol.

Edited by ethanpricington
Evolution

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Friday night doldrums, brain dead from the week is only explanation as to why I watched the two videos. But really even though I won't buy this, if my kids were playing it on a road trip, I'd enjoy the listen for what it is. 2nd one reminded me of some early Metric for some reason, uptempo of course.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I got to hear the album in it's entirely last night at a local shop, which was hosting a listening party. I definitely need to listen to it again in a more controlled environment, but overall, I thought it was pretty decent. 

My six year old got to be first in line for the free flexi and poster giveaway, so she was really excited about that. 

2 hours ago, mitchard said:

So, I got to hear the album in it's entirely last night at a local shop, which was hosting a listening party. I definitely need to listen to it again in a more controlled environment, but overall, I thought it was pretty decent. 

My six year old got to be first in line for the free flexi and poster giveaway, so she was really excited about that. 

Same. Haha they were just handing anyone who came in for the listening party a free flexi/poster at my local shop, I guess one of the few pros of being in a small city lol

I thought the record was pretty good, but similarly need a good second listen. My first reaction though was it was definitely more chill than anything they've done previously (including After Laughter) Also, I dont recall Hayley's vocal shining as much as they typically do at some point on a record. 

Same here. We hit a spot outside of Seattle and it wasn't bad at all, though I am sure the locations in the city were a bit busier. We showed up an hour early (Poor me, I had to spend extra time at a record store 🤣) and were the first ones to get wrist bands. People walking in right before start time still managed to snag copies.

Edited by mitchard

1 hour ago, CVHX said:

one time on RSD, i grabbed that broken record single before someone else, and the girl was super sad so I let her buy it, and she handed me $30. 

just looked it up and its $150 on discogs now lol.

I definitely bought that and sold it later down the line, but not even close to $150. Haha.