PO: Nirvana - In Utero (2022 Repress)

• 11 months later...

2 hours ago, kannibal said:

Good news is all major pressings are good. OP, ORG, B2B, and 20th 3LP are all great.

This new one is being remastered by Bob Weston who does really good work, so hopefully it’s good, too.

I’d grab an OG if I could justify that price tag. But yah, all are great. I like that they’re all a little different so one version is bound to please various tastes / ears. 

The 30th Anniversary is remastered from the digital transfers, so I’m curious how they’ll sound compared to the DMM version. Wonder how different the ‘newly mastered’ version will differ if at all. Probably won’t be able to tell much of a difference personally since it’ll be the same mix I’m assuming. I’m gonna grab this eventually when it goes on sale. I was able to grab the Nevermind box $103 in a pre-order, and I’m sure we’ll all be able to grab In Utero on sale a few months after release. I’ve been seeing the Nevermind one go on sale for ~50% recently, only a year after it came out.