Enjoy(?) the Satire - The Legendary Decks PO

rooks

This tops the list of cringiest things in my inbox recently.  Is this real, or some Onion level satire from the kings of cringe over at Enjoy the Ride?

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 100.00%

0:00
Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently behind liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19
Â
1x
Playback Rate
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Picture-in-PictureFullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:12

https://giovannirotondo.com/thelegendarydecks

https://enjoytheriderecords.com/collections/distribution-titles/products/the-legendary-decks-nfc-trading-cards-distro

Claim back the feeling of holding music you love in the palm of your hands through collectible cards. 

- CDs, Vinyl, even Spotify - these are things of the past.  Pull this neato trading card out of your wallet and turn Bluetooth on on your phone anytime you want to hear this exclusive sick music track!

I know nothing about this artist/composer, but the "beautiful artwork" that you can look at is hilariously childish.  The write ups for the 2 characters make me physically cringe (not to mention the spelling mistakes).  The framed photo of Steve Jobs in the background of the over the top intro video might be cherry on top of this sad sundae.

There is so much to rip apart with this nonsense I hardly know where to stop.  These are some serious free-toy-in-cereal box gimmicks and I cannot fathom ever paying $10 for ONE CARD that does nothing but stream a song from your phone.  Anybody picking this up? I'm dying to understand. 

I checked if it was April 1st several times... @enjoytheride - explain yourself.

Edited by rooks

If you’ve ever doubted that ETR’s interests were always rooted in gimmicky bullshit instead of actual music – and somehow ignored the absolutely drivel they’ve committed to vinyl over the years – I think this lays the argument to rest.

On the plus side this is hilarious.  Those write-ups are DeviantArt fanfic levels of bad.