Sigur Ros - ( ) 2022 Anniversary 3LP

1 hour ago, MacDonals said:

Is there an inherent issue with the 2xLP? I haven't spun it in a while but I remember it sounding fine.

It was pot luck for a while. From the same pressing, people would get a good copy, some would get a distorted mess. Sadly I got the latter and thought I'd wait it out until a repress that was solid.

Just now, skycriesmary said:

I couldn't resist, it looks really well done, and it's my favorite of there's. Not cheap though.

I mocked it up in my cart just to see.  About $150 or so? 😕 The craziest part is that the standard 2LP is only about $42 PPD which is not shabby at all for an imported double LP… which implies to me that they’re not price gouging.  The packaging for that deluxe edition must be top quality or truly next-level – even nicer than the photos suggest.  At least I’d hope, at $150.

41 minutes ago, whoa said:

It was pot luck for a while. From the same pressing, people would get a good copy, some would get a distorted mess. Sadly I got the latter and thought I'd wait it out until a repress that was solid.

Huh, I didn't know. Just spinning mine now and it's a little clicky, but dynamically it sounds fantastic.

I hope the new packaging takes the guesswork out of locating which side is A, B, C, or D. Identifying which side to start by the runout etching really sucks.

30 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Really want that deluxe version but need to force myself to not buy it. 

I understand. Just because it's not overpriced, doesn't mean it's not expensive and a 'luxury' item. We'll see how these demo's are, I'd love to see a deconstructed Popplagið.

2 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I understand. Just because it's not overpriced, doesn't mean it's not expensive and a 'luxury' item. We'll see how these demo's are, I'd love to see a deconstructed Popplagið.

I’ve just gone a bit crazy with my record purchasing lately. I’m sure this won’t be around in a few weeks but I’ll maybe grab it if it is. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, achillesstand7 said:

Has anyone else got the signed deluxe edition in yet? I received mine a couple of days ago but can't find the little signed card it was supposed to include. Was it stashed somewhere, if anyone has been able to find theirs? 

Received mine here in the UK a couple of weeks ago, the signed card was with the stencils etc and is in a paper envelope