PO: Good Charlotte - The Young and the Hopeless (2023 REPRESS)

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

Not sure where you got that number from, it's only triple platinum in the US. (Triple platinum is still impressive, even if this band is dogshit.)

What about the people that like actual dog shit? I live in the 8th largest city in the US, and work in a certain part of town…

2 hours ago, billya said:

I've begun to cease purchasing based on nostalgia, but I have to commend them for pricing this at $29.99. I would've thought it'd be $39.99 until a year from now when they lower the price to 29.99 but don't count it as "on sale" for their 40% off all sale items.

I hear that.

I'm down to my final three "records from my teenage years that I 'have' to buy on vinyl," that I'm waiting for represses on.

I have some other records that I'd pick up for the right price from my early twenties if they get repressed, but it's mostly stuff I still listen to at least semi-regularly as it is, and some classic punk/70s-90s stuff I'll grab when I find a deal on it.

It's bittersweet to feel my collecting winding down, but more sweet than bitter honestly.

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

What about new releases, or discovering artists you hadn’t heard before?

I'll likely still pick stuff up from time to time, but I've already slowed down a lot in the last few years.

Out of my open orders currently I have 3 true new releases. - TSwift, LS Dunes, and Holy Fawn.

It feels nice to be "caught up" I guess? Soon I'll be able to only focus on new/new to me stuff instead of picking up secondary market/overpriced represses of older stuff.

Edit: I've been discovering a lot of old Japanese ambient stuff that is slowly getting reissued, but that's an expensive side of the hobby to really dive deeply into.

Edited by 75 percent oof