On Sale 11/04: MxPx Life In General, Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo and The Ever Passing Moment

• TheComebackKid changed the title to On Sale 10/04: MxPx Life In General, Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo and The Ever Passing Moment

• TheComebackKid changed the title to On Sale 11/04: MxPx Life In General, Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo and The Ever Passing Moment

I only see 10 am PST. Wouldn’t that be 12 pm CST? I’m in eastern, so I believe it’ll be 1 pm for me. Time zones get me all tangled up, though, so I could be wrong.

You are totally right, I always go the wrong way with time zones for some reason, adding two shouldn't be that hard. Otherwise noon is a much better situation! 

Edited by xthricex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stoked about these releases. Really the only MxPx stuff I need.

That said, folks on reddit were acting like these were phenomenally priced, and while they're decent for recent pricing. They're still over $25 for single LPs which...isn't great. I donno. Just wanted to vent about that a little. Amped to get these as I've been diving back into skatepunk type stuff lately.

16 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

They're still over $25 for single LPs which...isn't great. I donno.

Boiling frog 101.  Baffling to me how many people on that sub have accepted $40 as the norm for a double LP.  Celebrating a $32 PPD single LP ain’t it… but the goalposts they set get way, way distorted by the $80 Alchemist POs they hype up, $50+ bootlegs, steep imports for region-exclusive variants, etc.  Super warped sense of what vinyl should actually cost, over there.

46 minutes ago, 75 percent oof said:

I'm stoked about these releases. Really the only MxPx stuff I need.

That said, folks on reddit were acting like these were phenomenally priced, and while they're decent for recent pricing. They're still over $25 for single LPs which...isn't great. I donno. Just wanted to vent about that a little. Amped to get these as I've been diving back into skatepunk type stuff lately.

Direct from the band I don’t feel terrible paying the $25. Actually less than I expected from MxPx. 

38 minutes ago, DarrenMcCall said:

Direct from the band I don’t feel terrible paying the $25. Actually less than I expected from MxPx. 

It wasn't $25 though, it was $27.50 each! That's crazy! Direct from the band does feel better, and I went for it, but still...poor pricing that people frame as ok.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Boiling frog 101.  Baffling to me how many people on that sub have accepted $40 as the norm for a double LP.  Celebrating a $32 PPD single LP ain’t it… but the goalposts they set get way, way distorted by the $80 Alchemist POs they hype up, $50+ bootlegs, steep imports for region-exclusive variants, etc.  Super warped sense of what vinyl should actually cost, over there.

It's genuinely wild. I occasionally "get into it" with people over there about pricing stuff.

As someone who has been collecting records for 18 years I've seen prices increase steadily over that time, but anything over $25 for a single LP is high. $20 pre-shipping for a single LP is about my limit for saying, "Oh, that's pretty reasonable."

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

Just got these and the packing job could've been better. They're all bent or smashed along the top left corner and there are seam splits on every sleeve. Kind of annoying, but what can you do..

Mine came ok. But the insert for buffalo was packed outside the sealed lp? Thought that was odd.