[PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]

3_MOGWAI_YT_CODY_TWO_LPs_360x.png?v=16666_MOGWAI_YT_CODY_MEGA_bundle_360x.png?v=
FgEK2q9XkAAf2ot?format=jpg&name=4096x409
Young Team - 2xLP - Blue - Remastered 
CODY - 2xLP - White - Remastered 
Various bundles available as well. 
Remastered by Paul Savage.
Includes digital download.
Release Date - Feb. 10 2023

Edited by Sad Heart

“Finally” is right.  Someone on Reddit - a few months back - spoke with confidence that it wouldn’t be a deluxe boxset reissue.  I’m kinda’ hoping they’re wrong or uninformed.  Or that the band took some extra time behind the scenes to do something bigger.  ‘Cause realistically, it doesn’t make a ton of a sense (to me) to wait for a 25th anniversary and release a hype trailer for just a standard 2LP repress.  But what do I know?  Stoked regardless; I have that “boxset” but it pales in comparison to something like the CODY box. Having this album receive some kind of premium treatment has been the dream for a while now.

Hoping it's just a straightforward reissue. Then I can pass since I have both an OG and the deluxe box. If it's expanded, I really hope includes a live show from that era. The extended live versions of Mogwai Fear Satan and Like Herod they were playing back then were amazing compared to the shorter versions they play currently.

13 minutes ago, glass realms said:

Hoping it's just a straightforward reissue. Then I can pass since I have both an OG and the deluxe box. If it's expanded, I really hope includes a live show from that era. The extended live versions of Mogwai Fear Satan and Like Herod they were playing back then were amazing compared to the shorter versions they play currently.

The “deluxe box” is just a cardboard shell with 4 LPs in paper sleeves though.  Even the boxsets for their last 2 albums have been nicer quality and more substantial.  YT deserves better.  I do agree that some live cuts from the late 90s would be great though, I would be way into that.

Doubt it’ll happen but I’d love to see a deluxe box for the hardcore, 1 or 2 cool variants for the fiends who just gotta’ own a colored press, and a standard 2LP black vinyl, gatefold, no-frills press for anyone just looking to add an affordable copy to their collection for cheap.  Especially if they decide to remaster it or something.  I feel like that would cover all bases and make 99% of everyone happy, but it also seems a little excessive for a repress.  Feels like that kind of variety is more reserved for their new album POs.

Regardless, I’m eager to see whatever they may be cooking up.  Will try to taper expectations accordingly.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I’d probably let myself get Newbury’d for it.  There’s a number of colorways that would work but anything incorporating that curacao blue we’ve seeing lately… 👍

Either that or the blue but with the red as a blob or splatter, or a split. I’d be down for any of those. Those two colors specifically. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

“Finally” is right.  Someone on Reddit - a few months back - spoke with confidence that it wouldn’t be a deluxe boxset reissue.  I’m kinda’ hoping they’re wrong or uninformed.  Or that the band took some extra time behind the scenes to do something bigger.  ‘Cause realistically, it doesn’t make a ton of a sense (to me) to wait for a 25th anniversary and release a hype trailer for just a standard 2LP repress.  But what do I know?  Stoked regardless; I have that “boxset” but it pales in comparison to something like the CODY box. Having this album receive some kind of premium treatment has been the dream for a while now.

I almost bought Young Team on the secondhand market (for the average going price) and I'm so happy I held off. Someone on the Mogwai subreddit was saying that the band was wanting to do this for a while. I honestly don't expect a boxset, I have a hunch Temporary Residence will be involved with US distribution (they were one of the firsts to like the IG post, take that for what it's worth)

I will say, that CODY boxset is phenomenal and worth every penny even just for the song Hugh Dallas. Easily a top 5 song for me.

Not to be a bad influence on you, but the CODY box is far & away nicer than any other box they’ve put out.  I cherish the hell out of mine and would probably pay that much for a new copy without blinking, personally.  But it’s also a top 3 Mogwai album for me so that’s a part of it too.  Definitely worth it, and not at all a phoned-in cash grab.

3 hours ago, prowl20 said:

I almost bought Young Team on the secondhand market (for the average going price) and I'm so happy I held off. Someone on the Mogwai subreddit was saying that the band was wanting to do this for a while. I honestly don't expect a boxset, I have a hunch Temporary Residence will be involved with US distribution (they were one of the firsts to like the IG post, take that for what it's worth)

I will say, that CODY boxset is phenomenal and worth every penny even just for the song Hugh Dallas. Easily a top 5 song for me.

Wouldn’t have guessed TRL would be involved given Chemikal has the rights to this one, but stranger things have happened.  (Did TRL help with the CODY box or more recently, the EPx3 distribution?  I feel like they hadn’t.)  Could be just showing some love for a band on their active label but I guess we’ll see soon enough.  Would love some domestic shipping options.

Also yes, Hugh Dallas is God tier.  What a song.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Not to be a bad influence on you, but the CODY box is far & away nicer than any other box they’ve put out.  I cherish the hell out of mine and would probably pay that much for a new copy without blinking, personally.  But it’s also a top 3 Mogwai album for me so that’s a part of it too.  Definitely worth it, and not at all a phoned-in cash grab.

Probably a top 5 album for me. I think I just wasn’t buying many records when the box came out and have a first press that I spent a lot of money on forever ago, so I couldn’t justify it at the time. I’ll probably cave when I get paid in a couple weeks. Going to see what this Young Team teaser is all about before spending money. 

5 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Either that or the blue but with the red as a blob or splatter, or a split. I’d be down for any of those. Those two colors specifically. 

Love me a good blob. It would probably work better as clear with blue blob and clear with red blob though. Otherwise you're likely looking at a purple blob.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Wouldn’t have guessed TRL would be involved given Chemikal has the rights to this one, but stranger things have happened.  (Did TRL help with the CODY box or more recently, the EPx3 distribution?  I feel like they hadn’t.)  Could be just showing some love for a band on their active label but I guess we’ll see soon enough.  Would love some domestic shipping options.

Also yes, Hugh Dallas is God tier.  What a song.

I’m probably wrong haha, I’m just speculating since they also helped release As The Love Continues. Even if I have to deal with European shipping costs it’ll still be cheaper than the secondhand market at this point. 

15 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

I hope a CODY repress is in the future as well. Just make their way through the catalog. I need more Mogwai, especially older stuff. 

Yes, please. Just a simple, thin, black, well mastered 2xLP in a basic ass gatefold sleeve. Keep it under $35. Can we just has this?

• Sad Heart changed the title to [PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]