[PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]

13 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

Yes, please. Just a simple, thin, black, well mastered 2xLP in a basic ass gatefold sleeve. Keep it under $35. Can we just has this?

Yes please x2! CODY is the only hole in my full length collection. Such a great album, but never got a copy of the box set when it was reissued 

Edited by kjkenney

They just made a similar post to the Young Team post earlier this week, with cover of Come On Die Young. I'm guessing now that these are straightforward reissues. I can't imagine them putting out two expensive deluxe/expanded vinyl reissues at the same time. I could be wrong.

• Sad Heart changed the title to [PO Soon] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY

Very interesting.  The CODY tease seems a little random compared to 10/27 being YT’s 25th birthday.  Really tough to say what they’ve got cooking up, now.  I think with YT not having the full spotlight, I agree that a boxset now seems a little less likely… but who knows.  The cryptic nature of this drop is exactly why I didn’t try to offload my box for cheap, though.

Has anyone pieced together what time this stuff gets announced?  4:00 PM (PST) is midnight for Glasgow but I doubt they’ll go live then.  Historically, Mogwai preorders and new album announcements always seem to happen in the (US) mornings.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

But at least they can say they own an OG.  That’s super important to some folks, I guess.  I’ve seen people obsess over it.

For significantly older records I get this.

I'm talking stuff that was produced when vinyl was THE format and a lot of time was put into making them sound good, AAA productions and whatnot. 80s forward I don't get it as much.

Band’s site is down for “updates”, and “back soon”. 👀 You can be notified when it goes live if you give ‘em your email.  I always wonder if the password protecting these sites is something we could ever guess - like how presale codes are usually 1 word or phrase from a particular lyrics or song title - or if they legit want this locked down.

31 minutes ago, SunsetDramaKing17 said:

These are available on their Bandcamp now. If anyone has a US link, please post! 

It’s 2:38 AM and I groggily checked my phone when reading your text which I misinterpreted.  Definitely imagine these being available at Bull Moose, Zia, and other indie stores if it’s the only variant we’re getting.  Probably going up later this morning if I had to guess.

• Sad Heart changed the title to [PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered [02/10]

Curious if any US brick and mortars or sites are gonna get this. Gonna hold off a minute cause I’m thinking so.

It’s already popping up on multiple UK sites, so it seems like a fairly wide release? Especially since these are Remastered 2xLPs. 

https://www.limitedadditionrecords.com/products/mogwai-young-team-sky-blue-double-vinyl-lp
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/194998-mogwai-mogwai-young-team?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mogwai Young Team Come On Die Young Reissues&utm_content=Mogwai Young Team Come On Die Young Reissues+CID_435d5f3eb78780ef4ece75c5c2c23f51&utm_source=EmailMarketingSoftware&utm_term=Mogwai Young Team

Edited by Sad Heart

18 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

It’s already popping up on multiple UK sites, so it seems like a fairly wide release?

Straight from Chemikal a few minutes ago:

“Please Note! The reissues will be available to buy from retailers across Europe & North America so you could save yourself higher postage costs if you intend to order from outside the UK!“

19 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Hope there is also some european sites  who get this. I'm tired with the customs fees.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Straight from Chemikal a few minutes ago:

“Please Note! The reissues will be available to buy from retailers across Europe & North America so you could save yourself higher postage costs if you intend to order from outside the UK!“

Nice! That’s fantastic. 

Just now, Sad Heart said:

Nice! That’s fantastic. 

The no (known) limit bodes really well, I’m glad they took this approach instead of 5 different variants /500 – /1,000.

I do kind of wish we had gotten a robust box (in the vein of CODY).  But alas.  If I wanted to nitpick further I think that a [clear] curacao blue would’ve been perfect, for me, but this definitely works.  Trying to stay optimistic about the remaster job… it’d be really cool to hear at least 1 song just to get an idea, but I guess we’ll find out in February.

• Sad Heart changed the title to [PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]