[PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]

3 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

That's interesting. I'm usually pissed when shirts are NOT on Bella Canvas. Their easily one of the softest and nicest feeling shirts you can print on. What's your gripe with them? I usually pass on awesome shirts when I find out they're printed on Gildan.

Same! Bella Canvas are my fav t-shirts ever and they are all I want to wear.

3 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

That's interesting. I'm usually pissed when shirts are NOT on Bella Canvas. Their easily one of the softest and nicest feeling shirts you can print on. What's your gripe with them? I usually pass on awesome shirts when I find out they're printed on Gildan.

That’s exactly it. I want to wear a shirt, not an ill fitting bed sheet. 

Doesn’t fit, not true to size, loose neck and soft isn’t a commendable quality in shirts. Comfort Colors, LA, Gildan Hammer or nothing. Tired of spending money on shirts I can’t wear.

16 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

That’s exactly it. I want to wear a shirt, not an ill fitting bed sheet. 

Doesn’t fit, not true to size, loose neck and soft isn’t a commendable quality in shirts. Comfort Colors, LA, Gildan Hammer or nothing. Tired of spending money on shirts I can’t wear.

Oh, I much prefer the soft bed sheet feel. I've never had a problem with the way the fit is though. On 100% cotton V-necks some of those shirts (Bella, American Apparel, Next Level) can get a bit wonky on the collar but other than that those are my perfect fits. The tri-blend collars are actually much sturdier and straighter.

Gildan feels like someone is shoving me into a rigid cardboard t-shirt shaped box that put a spell on me to convince me it was actually cotton shirt material. Makes me want to punch things.

26 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Oh, I much prefer the soft bed sheet feel. I've never had a problem with the way the fit is though. On 100% cotton V-necks some of those shirts (Bella, American Apparel, Next Level) can get a bit wonky on the collar but other than that those are my perfect fits. The tri-blend collars are actually much sturdier and straighter.

Gildan feels like someone is shoving me into a rigid cardboard t-shirt shaped box that put a spell on me to convince me it was actually cotton shirt material. Makes me want to punch things.

For the most part, I grew up when shirts felt like shirts and fit. That’s all I want. Trying to “reinvent” that has just caused problems. Hot Topic 1994 Por Vida!

1 minute ago, Shelby said:

I just prefer not to be able to tear my t-shirts like napkins. Gildan heavy cotton 4 life. Maybe it's a body type thing or something causing this preference though, yall fat or skinny? 😅

I'm slender/athletic and I feel like the "reinvented" shirts are really well suited to me. I have a feeling you're right about the body type thing. I don't know about @MyEnemy in terms of body type and I'm not trying to insinuate either but you might just be right.

I really want a bunch of EYEHATEGOD tees but I absolutely can never allow myself to waste money on Gildan shirts that sit in my drawers that I bought because the design was too cool to pass up but I can't wear because of the product its printed on.

I have a Young Widows shirt from a recent run that is on a Gildan "softstyle" or some such that feels much closer to the Bella type style but still has a slight touch of that Gildan rigidity that I hate. I think I'll try to commit to actually wearing it soon and report back.

2¢ from a skinny twig bitch: Gildan can feel rigid but isn’t a dealbreaker.  I feel like I have some Gildan shirts that are definitely worn in and feel okay, but others that a little stiff and “scrape”ish.  I sure do love me some tri-blend American Apparel for comfort, but I can see where others wouldn’t prefer how soft they are or how they can feel like they “drape” compared to a Gildan shirt.

10 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

For the most part, I grew up when shirts felt like shirts and fit. That’s all I want. Trying to “reinvent” that has just caused problems. Hot Topic 1994 Por Vida!

Yeah, and that reinvention is exactly what made shirts better for me. Different strokes for different folks.

6 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm slender/athletic and I feel like the "reinvented" shirts are really well suited to me. I have a feeling you're right about the body type thing. I don't know about @MyEnemy in terms of body type and I'm not trying to insinuate either but you might just be right.

I really want a bunch of EYEHATEGOD tees but I absolutely can never allow myself to waste money on Gildan shirts that sit in my drawers that I bought because the design was too cool to pass up but I can't wear because of the product its printed on.

I have a Young Widows shirt from a recent run that is on a Gildan "softstyle" or some such that feels much closer to the Bella type style but still has a slight touch of that Gildan rigidity that I hate. I think I'll try to commit to actually wearing it soon and report back.

I have the same build as you but the opposite opinion so nevermind haha

19 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I just prefer not to be able to tear my t-shirts like napkins. Gildan heavy cotton 4 life. Maybe it's a body type thing or something causing this preference though, yall fat or skinny? 😅

5’6” and dealing with about 150-165 depending on how much a get of out the house and drink.

Small dude with a funky body type that doesn’t like things clinging to me. Need room to breathe with a solid, tight neck. Comfort Colors have done me perfectly for the last 5 or so years.

But yeah, I feel ya with wanting to buy stuff that you won’t wear. I’ve avoided it since I’ve been “that guy” and asking about blanks. Or sizing up, and hoping it’ll fit. I still have an Exile In Guyvile shirt that’s a Large Bella Canvas shirt that I can’t wear because the neck is dumb, even after washing and drying multiple times. I hate drying my shirts.

Edited by MyEnemy

12 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

5’6” and dealing with about 150-165 depending on how much a get of out the house and drink.

Small dude with a funky body type that doesn’t like things clinging to me. Need room to breathe with a solid, tight neck. Comfort Colors have done me perfectly for the last 5 or so years.

But yeah, I feel ya with wanting to buy stuff that you won’t wear. I’ve avoided it since I’ve been “that guy” and asking about blanks. Or sizing up, and hoping it’ll fit. I still have an Exile In Guyvile shirt that’s a Large Bella Canvas shirt that I can’t wear because the neck is dumb, even after washing and drying multiple times. I hate drying my shirts.

I paid triple to import a $20 t-shirt cuz they had it on gildan in their Euro store and Bella here. I never used to be that guy until everyone started using Tultex and I couldn't take it anymore. I wear tighter clothes half the time and I think the nipple visibility is much more easy on others eyes with heavy cotton too 😂

4 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

But yeah, I feels ya with wanting to buy stuff that you won’t wear. I’ve avoided it since I’ve been “that guy” and asking about blanks. Or sizing up, and hoping it’ll fit. I still have an Exile In Guyvile shirt that’s a Large Bella Canvas shirt that I can’t wear because the neck is dumb, even after washing and drying multiple times. I hate drying my shirts.

The struggle is real. It looked there were some EHG shirts that were printed on more slim fit blanks a few years ago but now everything is Gildan and it kills me. I really would like to represent but there's just no way. Maybe I'll grab one soon and see if I can make it work. Its worth a try I suppose but I do have like around 15 or more shirts with cool designs that I just never wear due to the blank brand.

36 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I paid triple to import a $20 t-shirt cuz they had it on gildan in their Euro store and Bella here. I never used to be that guy until everyone started using Tultex and I couldn't take it anymore. I wear tighter clothes half the time and I think the nipple visibility is much more easy on others eyes with heavy cotton too 😂

I actually really like Tultex also. 😬

Love the shirt discussion. My favorites have been Next Level 60/40 shirts (code # N6210 according to the blanks I buy on Amazon). It seems like Bella Canvas shirts have slightly looser necks by default and stretch out easier. I like a well-fitted neck haha. Tultex has weird shapes sometimes too. Haven't bought a shirt printed on American Apparel in like a decade+ for some reason.

Surprisingly, I also really like Gildan ultra cotton longsleeve shirts too. I have multiple blanks of black and sport grey that I wear pretty often.

I remember in the mid-late 00's seeing bands splurge for printing on American Apparel instead of (most often cheaper) Gildan and just thinking those AA shirts were the greatest thing ever haha. I still remember the first one I bought was a Blood Brothers shirt in 2005 and I wore it all the time because it was so comfortable.

Someone should make a separate thread for shirt collections haha. I still have the majority of shirts I bought through the years (mostly Milwaukee/Midwest hardcore bands from the 00's). Some of them were really cool that I wish still fit.

I am at a weird weight/height range where all larges are fine length wise but are too baggy and mediums fit well for the most part but are too short. Bella Canvas shirts are the only ones I own that somewhat fit me normally, even though I prefer my shirts to be a bit heavier. 

I wear flannels the majority of the year and end up just throwing on whatever. Hate when summer comes around and I have to go out of my way to find shirts that don’t look ridiculous on me. But I think all shirts look weird because even though I’m not overweight at all, all my fat goes to my sides.

3 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I am at a weird weight/height range where all larges are fine length wise but are too baggy and mediums fit well for the most part but are too short. Bella Canvas shirts are the only ones I own that somewhat fit me normally, even though I prefer my shirts to be a bit heavier. 

I wear flannels the majority of the year and end up just throwing on whatever. Hate when summer comes around and I have to go out of my way to find shirts that don’t look ridiculous on me. But I think all shirts look weird because even though I’m not overweight at all, all my fat goes to my sides.

I'm at a weird stage right now where I've put on a decent amount of muscle recently, but I can't quite make myself go up to xl shirts because they'll be super baggy, but my shoulders need some extra room and I need a little extra length with most brand shirts. Wore mediums as a teen/early 20s, went up to large for comfort as I got older, and now I'm stuck in between large and xl.

Depends on the day what style shirt I prefer. I did get a shirt the other day that I straight up can't wear because you can pretty well see right through it. Wouldnt be much issue if i had no nipples and no tattoos, but...I do, so it was a waste.

6 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I am at a weird weight/height range where all larges are fine length wise but are too baggy and mediums fit well for the most part but are too short.

How tall are you?  Because this struggle is too relatable for me (6’0”).  I feel like I haven’t been able to “fill out” until my later 20s… so prior to that I’ve been pretty self-conscious about my appearance in 90% of Large band shirts that fit a baggy or drape.  Mediums fit way better but certain brands definitely rise up a bit too much if I’m reaching overhead or something.  A slightly longer Medium would be the dream at my current age / build.

I’m that odd size where buying a T-shirt is a complete dice roll. Is the medium a true medium and doesn’t shrink to a small when I wash it? Or is it a large than shrinks to a medium? Or is a large that stays large and I’m floating it. Or the more rare large that shrinks to a youth large — I’m looking at you $40 tour RATM shirt. 

Most of my mediums turn into night shirts for the wife. But it’s the only way I’d get get to wear a Nails, Converge, Black Flag, etc shirt without her understanding why I’m smiling (considering she’s pretty much listening to anything Phoebe gravitates towards web nothing else).  

38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

How tall are you?  Because this struggle is too relatable for me (6’0”).  I feel like I haven’t been able to “fill out” until my later 20s… so prior to that I’ve been pretty self-conscious about my appearance in 90% of Large band shirts that fit a baggy or drape.  Mediums fit way better but certain brands definitely rise up a bit too much if I’m reaching overhead or something.  A slightly longer Medium would be the dream at my current age / build.

6’1. I’ve tried buying tall shirts but don’t like how they fit either. I’m always super happy to find a medium that doesn’t make me flash stomach hair at people every time I move my arms. 

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I'm 6'2" and had the same issue of being pretty thin into my mid-late 20s. A slightly longer large would do me in most cases now but lately my shoulders are a little tight in some larges.

Seems to be the ones that the shoulders are too tight, the rest of it is stiff and overly large too, so that's fun.

• Sad Heart changed the title to [PO Now] Mogwai - Young Team & CODY Remastered | Hawk, Beast, Rock, Happy represses [9/22]