PO: The Sound of Animals Fighting - Tiger & The Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us (2022 Represses)

• Justinadamk changed the title to PO: The Sound of Animals Fighting - Tiger & The Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us (2022 Represses)

so I dared to voice my opinion on these stupid covers and that they should have stick with originals and the admin went on full rampage on my profile basically commenting on everything be it records or personal stuff. This band sucks big time.

spacer.png

Knowing that they come unglued that easily, I’m afraid that I’m now gonna’ have to dust off my IG account and see if I can’t push their buttons a bit.  I have like 6 posts on my profile and they’re all private so whoever is running that account can seethe. 😎

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Knowing that they come unglued that easily, I’m afraid that I’m now gonna’ have to dust off my IG account and see if I can’t push their buttons a bit.  I have like 6 posts on my profile and they’re all private so whoever is running that account can seethe. 😎

fun fact it wasn't even on their page, rather than on Equal vision's post about this. 

31 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

fun fact it wasn't even on their page, rather than on Equal vision's post about this. 

Even better.  I went straight for the throat and found the profile in the screenshot above.  I presume they’ll take it personally and lose sleep over it.

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

please report if something happens, I can't see it, lool

Whoever runs their account just straight up disabled comments for that 1 post.  I can still see comments and even add my own to every other post, though.

I guess when you’re receiving too much flack, just silence the masses and ignore any feedback.  I wasn’t even being rude or negative, I just asked if there was a reason they opted for embarrassing new album art.  I was trying to drive a constructive conversation.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

I have one post, 12 followers and a private account. Might have to do the same. 

Edited by Bronchitis
Never mind, didn’t see that they disabled comments

7 minutes ago, N8TRU said:

The only reason I can think of for why they didn't use the original artwork is they lost the source/original file and it won't look good blown up to a record jacket.

probably that's the case, and it's totally acceptable but would it be too hard to communicate?

1 hour ago, N8TRU said:

The only reason I can think of for why they didn't use the original artwork is they lost the source/original file and it won't look good blown up to a record jacket.

Could be possible they just licensed the old artwork instead of buying it outright for use and that license expired, or they agreed to pay the artist a percentage cut of sales when the artwork is used and figured out they could do it cheaper this way.

I've seen the latter happen before with M:tG cards.

Edited by 75 percent oof

3 hours ago, N8TRU said:

I think Rich is heavily involved in all aspects of this band including making the decision to change covers. I think he evens runs the social accounts honestly. When you look at the aesthetic of his latest solo project, Hospital Gown, the direction on these covers is not that far removed from everything going on there. I think he very much wants to have a group of releases all using the same style of design, in the same way The Dear Hunter has changed their artistic direction for covers over time (Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see new pressings of The Ocean and The Sun with new artwork also so they can have a complete reissue series all using a similar design set). This is all my speculation after following Rich/Hospital Gown/TSOAF accounts for quite awhile now 

Edited by Justinadamk

Somehow the fact that they are releasing new music (which should be a fairly big deal) was completely overshadowed by the horrible reissue artwork for their old albums.   Terrible marketing strategy. 

also can’t help but love they turned comments off on the Instagram post for what I can only presume was an onslaught of highly entertaining internet criticism. 

Edited by circuit bored records

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, xfactor675 said:

so I dared to voice my opinion on these stupid covers and that they should have stick with originals and the admin went on full rampage on my profile basically commenting on everything be it records or personal stuff. This band sucks big time.

spacer.png

you're famous 😂! Rich goes off about you on this podcast episode around the 32min mark 

Edited by Justinadamk

I love how he didn't and still doesn't even understand that my initial issue was that they didn't use the og artwork. And yet he got personal on my appearance (and other bands' artworks I had nothing to do with just liking the record). Sounds like a great dude.

Edited by xfactor675