PO: The Sound of Animals Fighting - Tiger & The Duke / Lover, The Lord Has Left Us (2022 Represses)

2 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

I love how he didn't and still doesn't even understand what was my initial problem that they didn't use the og artwork. And yet he got personal on my appearance. Sounds like a great dude.

I listened to the whole episode. I think he is personally in a weird state with his life (which he also discusses a little).

The whole episode, he had a bit of an "old man yells at cloud" vibe - which for many things I 1000% agreed with. And then there were other parts that just didn't make sense to me from a logical perspective, but when it comes to emotion, logic is usually not there, so I understand that too. 

But when they started talking about Apeshit - I got very hype! 

5 hours ago, Justinadamk said:

you're famous 😂! Rich goes off about you on this podcast episode around the 32min mark 

As someone who has been in therapy for six-plus years, I can confidently say this dude needs therapy. And if he's in therapy already, he needs more.

Edited by scottheisel

EZ Pass immortalized. Great work @xfactor675 

This is a joke of a take from Rich Balling, as if he just discovered people have opinions and voice them on the internet. It wasn't a personal attack.  You didn't tell him his name is Dick Balling and ridicule him.  You said you'd pass on buying a piece of art because you didn't like how it looked 🤣 

you fucking monster.

Finally got a chance to listen to this.  Amazing.  Dude is completely omitting context, and skipping right over the part where he went off the fucking deep end with comments on completely unrelated, personal IG posts outside of relevant comment threads.  Really trying to play the victim, evidently?  “Well I mean it was a snarky comment so I replied with my own sass and now I’m a bad guy? 🤷‍♂️ Why?”  Clown world.

Verbatim:

“So we do this.  And we release the artwork for the re-releases.  I’m super stoked on it ‘cause it’s the first time that, like, I’ve actually executed what I want the aesthetic to look like on the covers.”

Main problem underlined for emphasis.  Maybe just acquire and execute an aesthetic that isn’t completely tepid dog-shit and you wouldn’t have this problem to begin with?  Or, I suppose, just stick with your own (gross) artistic vision on this one, and then publicly broadcast how butt-hurt you are about any kind of negative feedback.

Yeah.  That’s the play. 🤡

9 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Finally got a chance to listen to this.  Amazing.  Dude is completely omitting context, and skipping right over the part where he went off the fucking deep end with comments on completely unrelated, personal IG posts outside of relevant comment threads.  Really trying to play the victim, evidently?  “Well I mean it was a snarky comment so I replied with my own sass and now I’m a bad guy? 🤷‍♂️ Why?”  Clown world.

Verbatim:

“So we do this.  And we release the artwork for the re-releases.  I’m super stoked on it ‘cause it’s the first time that, like, I’ve actually executed what I want the aesthetic to look like on the covers.”

Main problem underlined for emphasis.  Maybe just acquire and execute an aesthetic that isn’t completely tepid dog-shit and you wouldn’t have this problem to begin with?  Or, I suppose, just stick with your own (gross) artistic vision on this one, and then publicly broadcast how butt-hurt you are about any kind of negative feedback.

Yeah.  That’s the play. 🤡

I think the underlined part is perfectly fine for him to do. We can all like it or not like it, but as the head of the band he can do whatever he wants. It's our choice if we want to get on board or not, and we have a right to express ourselves with whatever we decide to do - we weren't attacking him, but the public piece of art that now belongs to the world (both the album, and the album art itself).

His retaliation to negativity is absolutely not OK for all reasons mentioned above and throughout the thread. 

And it's a bit too late for any of this, but when they originally went up (or even on this podcast!), I wish he elaborated in far greater detail what "what I want the aesthetic to look like on the covers." to actually mean. Like what sparked the change (we got a bit of the reason about Lover in this episode of the podcast), why these covers, what is the meaning behind the new art - literally anything, but we got none of that, and that doesn't help people digest change in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Justinadamk said:

What is the meaning behind the new art - literally anything, but we got none of that, and that doesn't help people digest change in my opinion.

This too. When I saw the heart one I immediately went “WTH is Gared?”

Turns out it was a person, Gared O’Donnell, from a band they toured and were friends with who had passed away in 2021. They posted about it somewhere recently (maybe it was just in the part 4 video?) and I was like “Oh that makes sense.” But if you’re just a casual fan, thats never gonna mean anything to anyone.

I mean Rich said "for a laundry list of reasons I wanted this artwork" and offered no reasons and then proceeded to pay himself on the back for "serving it back to him". 

Dude grow thicker skin and realize if you're a public figure and post something for the world to see, all because YOU are stoked about something it doesn't mean everyone feels the same. And all because a random fan shares their opinion doesn't mean you get to go troll their random photos lolol. 

On 11/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, MCDELTAT said:

This too. When I saw the heart one I immediately went “WTH is Gared?”

Turns out it was a person, Gared O’Donnell, from a band they toured and were friends with who had passed away in 2021. They posted about it somewhere recently (maybe it was just in the part 4 video?) and I was like “Oh that makes sense.” But if you’re just a casual fan, thats never gonna mean anything to anyone.

So what does planes mistaken for stars have to do with this artwork?

17 hours ago, fartsandwich said:

So what does planes mistaken for stars have to do with this artwork?

What they said ☝️. The interview I found also pointed out that besides just being a friend he particularly came up with the name for that album “Lover the Lord has Left Us”. Thus the heart remembering him on the album he named. It’s cool, but definitely could have been explained so I don’t trash on someone’s “In Memoriam” design.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...