PO: Outahand (1996) /100 neon green vinyl

So just for more info/context, this was my friend's band back in mid-90s. they made it a little big regionally and were nearly signed to a couple (minor) labels but didn't work out and the album they recorded went unreleased. i've wanted to see it get some kind of release for nearly 30 years now. my buddy recently unearthed the ADAT and had it digitized just in time before it turned to dust. We sent it to Joel Grind for a proper mastering job and while still a bit rough around the edges, we are pretty stoked how it came out. It's obviously from the 90s and you can hear the RKL/ nardcore-adjecent influence (bit farther north). it's all on track for mid-Jan 2023. can't wait for them to get here. test press sounded great.

BWR 002 is also in the works for a 7" of this https://trappedlikerats.bandcamp.com/album/trapped-like-rats

prob mid-Feb 2023.

• 2 months later...

I gave a quick listen to some of the songs, just a skim really. It's fine, something I'd grab if I found it used for like $10, but it's an unknown band that I have no nostalgia or attachment to, you know? I can spend $30 on a lot of things I'll enjoy more than 25 minutes of music from a band I've never heard of and who aren't around any more.

I donno, man. Like I said, it's fine, it's just probably not anything anyone is super interested in for the price point. Hope you end up selling all of them.

yea price point was a tough call but profit margin is nil on doing run of 100 and i needed to have it properly mastered. it's a bucket list project i'd only hoped to ever break even on or at least not lose my ass. they were kinda big fish in tiny pool at one point. we'd hoped to reach those people. and friends/family of the band and scene.  i just always thought it coulda been on minor label back then but that all fell through for...reasons.  we were stoked to finally get it pressed tho.