PO: New Found Glory - Make The Most Of It (release date 1/20/23)

rrd

RELEASE DATE: 1/20/23

FIRST PRESSING:

300 Translucent Violet (RevHQ Exclusive) SOLD OUT!
3000 Translucent Yellow
https://revhq.com/collections/new-found-glory/products/new-found-glory-make-the-most-of-it

500 Natural Clear (Retail Store Exclusive)
300 Translucent Green (BrooklynVegan/The Hard Times/Revolver Magazine Exclusive) SOLD OUT!
https://shop.thehardtimes.net/products/new-found-glory-make-the-most-of-it-lp-limited-edition-only-300-made-green-vinyl

The forthcoming acoustic album, "Make The Most Of It," by New Found Glory tackles the last year head-on with their most emotional and cathartic collection of songs to date. Written in the wake of guitarist Chad Gilbert's cancer diagnosis and mixed by Mark Trombino (Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World), "Make The Most Of It" is a rumination on what it means to grieve, to live, to approach every day with appreciation and a sense of fulfillment. Gilbert and his bandmates - vocalist Jordan Pundik, bassist Ian Grushka, and drummer Cyrus Bolooki - are all husbands and fathers, and as elder statesmen of the pop-punk genre (though still able to incite a circle pit with ease), "Make The Most Of It" finds the quartet contemplating the future, what they hope their loved ones will hang on to, and how they'll be remembered.

Track Listing:

1. Dream Born Again
2. Mouth To Mouth
3. Get Me Home
4. Watch The Lilies Grow
5. More Than Enough
6. Kiss The Floor
7. Bloom
8. Understatement*
9. All Downhill
10. Dressed To Kill
11. The Story So Far
12. Failures Not Flattering*
13. My Friends Over You*
14. Hit Or Miss*
*Digital, CD & Cassette only

Edited by rrd

Interesting to see and sad at the same time that the overpriced by 8 dollars bv variant is sold out just because it's more limited and therefore it's more wanted and yet the 22 dollar rev variant is just sitting there (i know it's 10 times the quantity). And the likes of bv and newbury can run away with these disgusting overpricing. I don't really understand why labels let them to do this or if even they have a say in it all? Either way this hobby is getting out of hand more each year... 

Edited by xfactor675

On 11/10/2022 at 11:01 PM, Justinadamk said:

I assumed it had something to do with contracts/licensing 

I know very little to nothing about legalities, but a couple artists have re-recorded songs and/or albums to get around this...  I know there have been more, but the example that comes to mind is Hawthorne Heights with the If Only You Were Lonely album.  They have said they make $0 on royalties from the album, so around a year ago, they re-recorded the entire thing, "reimagined," so they can make at least something off the songs.  Would these acoustic versions NFG recorded fall under that umbrella/idea/however you would say that?  

Edited by verb1999

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...