Blindside - Silence

14 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

$67CAD shipped 😕

Not a huge difference, but order through the American site. After shipping about $48, converts to around $64.

I've found that with all of these "buy in your local currency" merch stores, they are charging you a ton extra to use it that way. If you swap country back to US, it total after shipping could be cheaper by anywhere from ~$5 to ~$20.

• INRIhab changed the title to Blindside - Silence
1 hour ago, jeremysexytime said:

Not a huge difference, but order through the American site. After shipping about $48, converts to around $64.

I've found that with all of these "buy in your local currency" merch stores, they are charging you a ton extra to use it that way. If you swap country back to US, it total after shipping could be cheaper by anywhere from ~$5 to ~$20.

Doh

18 minutes ago, daegor said:

Doh

I think I first noticed something seemed a little fucky when a recent Cake repress went up. Was something like $25 on the American site, then it auto redirected to Canadian and the price shot to about $40. Was like.. that conversion doesn't sound right. So I checked both sites for shipping, American was $12 or so and Canadian was $20. So greasy.

Now I always check, and it's always cheaper to not use the "convenient" Canadian site.

32 minutes ago, jeremysexytime said:

I think I first noticed something seemed a little fucky when a recent Cake repress went up. Was something like $25 on the American site, then it auto redirected to Canadian and the price shot to about $40. Was like.. that conversion doesn't sound right. So I checked both sites for shipping, American was $12 or so and Canadian was $20. So greasy.

Now I always check, and it's always cheaper to not use the "convenient" Canadian site.

records are just so overpriced these days and shipping doesn't help at all. As much as I like this album, I haven't listened to it in over a decade and a single LP isn't worth $48 with another $20 shipping on top. And switching to the US site doesn't really bring it down a whole lot either. If it was $25 I'd be all over it. Can't really avoid the stupid shipping cost either way unless you have a US address.

31 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

records are just so overpriced these days and shipping doesn't help at all. As much as I like this album, I haven't listened to it in over a decade and a single LP isn't worth $48 with another $20 shipping on top. And switching to the US site doesn't really bring it down a whole lot either. If it was $25 I'd be all over it. Can't really avoid the stupid shipping cost either way unless you have a US address.

I hear you. I'm tired of paying minimum $50 for a single record to get it shipped to my house. Really tough when I know it's something my local shop won't get. If this album wasn't a huge part of my youth I'd be skipping it.

8 hours ago, Alan P said:

Anyone want a "gold" copy of this? Happy to sell it for what I bought it for ($45.75 USD). I bought it quickly when it was listed, but I have a FF copy already. Was debating keeping both, but no need. I have not opened it; still sealed. Happy to ship anywhere in the world.

I dmed you