Rex - C (slowcore on Numero)

https://numerogroup.com/products/c-1?variant=42487687741638

just announced for PO. Figured this might interest some of you.

Rex’s seminal 1996 sophomore album C, now on deluxe double vinyl for the first time. Every one of C’s 66 minutes is a delightful exploration at the intersection of slowcore and alt-country, weaving heartfelt Americana, stately strings, progged-out rhythms and crashingly heavy climaxes into captivating epics. Remastered from the original analog tapes, C has been given a second life beyond the CD-era, and comes housed in a tip-on jacket with restored artwork from guitarist Curtis Harvey.”

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Glad that interest in this seems to be pretty low (especially after monitoring inventory all morning) – that Rose variant has potential but Numero are pretty hit-or-miss with their mock-ups.  I’ll probably wait around to see how these turn out before chasing one down.

Yeah, Rex in general has always been a hit or miss band for me. I’m probably going to sit with this for a bit before deciding if I want it 

16 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Want the rose color, which it appears isn't exclusive to their store. Anybody see it popping up on other sites? 

Nowhere that I’ve seen yet.  Some keen eyes have confirmed that the mock-up for the Rose variant is completely accurate, which is great news for anyone into marble vinyl.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Nowhere that I’ve seen yet.  Some keen eyes have confirmed that the mock-up for the Rose variant is completely accurate, which is great news for anyone into marble vinyl.

Confirmed how? Did they post photos anywhere? Ended up impatiently grabbing one from Numero with the last Codeine LP I needed (Barely Real) and using another email for one of the 15% coupons they're always insisting I apply for when I visit the site. 

SIdebar: I love Numero Group to pieces, but I reckon they've been hit harder than a lot of labels by pandemic- and demand-related production cost increases by always using superior packaging, because their prices have absolutely shot up in the last year or two and it's breaking my heart. When I was placing orders w/ the plant for GNGM's Narrowing Type, the band and I toyed with getting tip-on jackets, but we were quoted literally 2x the cost for jackets alone direct from Stoughton Printing (300 units at $500 vs $1000).

Anyway, I admittedly did shoot them an email regarding the steep price increases on represses of existing things released not terribly long ago (duster box going from $60 to $100, $40 to $80 for the Technicolor Paradise set), they insisted it was purely cost increase and they weren't happy about it either. In spite of this, a couple months back I intended to buy the Blondie 10LP set and when I went to buy it a couple days after the announcement, I noticed the price had silently increased dramatically (platinum color variant @ $330 initially, plus $120 to a new $450 price tag). The response:

Very sorry for all this, UMG has been handling manufacturing for this and are dictating the prices as well. We're trying to figure out a solution.

Which sucks, and I never ended up getting one because $450 is an absurd ask.

Yeah, I’ve been feeling that burn with Numero this past year or two, as well.  It sucks to just dismiss it as “price increase 🤷‍♂️”.  I don’t think I’ve badgered any label more than I have Numero, this year, over combining pre-orders and trying to save here and there on shipping.

To answer your question, I guess Numero had recently posted a story on IG that showed a bunch of new variants of stuff available to order.  Just an artsy pic with everything laid out on display; Rex, some Karate represses, etc.  In the bottom left corner was a pic of the rose C variant peeking out from under the jacket.  It may still be in their story reel.  Shelby had sent it to me, actually, but I can upload it if you really wanna’ see it.  It’s basically identical to the mock on their site though.