Just bought the new Orbit by U-Turn! Anyone have one?

I've had the Kickstarter funded top model (not certain on specs at this point in time since it's been about ten years) and it has always treated me well. I had a few technical issues early on, but they were super responsive via email and trouble shot me through them eventually sending backup parts that were improved after their initial design. Hit them up if you have issues, but hopefully they're well past that.

Welcome to the community!

9 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Switching from 45 to 33 is terrible. I can’t wait to replace my orbit. It’s fine and it plays records but an exposed oversized o-ring to control speed really pisses me off. 

Had one from kickstarter days too and I have the same issue. also the o-ring constantly gets worn out depending on how often you change speeds.. for something they were touting as the best budget audiophile turntable, they kinda fucked up on that bit.

I struggled at first, but once I figured out a method that worked for me it seems easy at this point.

Not sure an explanation is easy to follow, but I put the ring on the outside of the platter furthest from the speed adapter and then keeping it taut wind it around the side toward the back to the speed adapter and then move my other hand with it slightly loosely on the ring pulling it around to the front and toward the speed adapter and I'm good to go.

I do leave mine off of the turntable when it's not in use so that it doesn't get overstretched.

They have a new model with a speed selection knob I believe.