Record Cleaning Brush

I'm looking at a couple of Big Fudge cleaning kits.   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099ZR7BNC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A273QKJ995LFL7&psc=1   and   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVSTBXM/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A273QKJ995LFL7&psc=1

The differences that I see are: a stylus brush as opposed to stylus gel, the pouch as opposed to a zippered case, and the brushes, of which I can only really see the brush included with the 4 in 1 kit. Is anyone familiar with these kits, and why, for what it's worth, would the "Professional 5 in 1 kit be less expensive?  I used to, way back in the day, have a Discwasher D3. It always seemed to work okay. The brush in this 4 in 1 kit looks similar. Do you think these are any good? I just need something that's fast, and that works fairly well. I've already got the anti-static brush, so I don't need that.

Any thoughts, for or against, would be welcome................Dave  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 11:18 AM, Sad Heart said:

Grabbed the Doctor VI. Gonna have a cleaning session this weekend. 

Curious on your thoughts with the Record Doctor VI after using it for the first time. I've watched some reviews and it seems nice enough for the price point. I'm curious on general 'best practices' while using it as well. When cleaning, do you rotate the record in one direction or both? Do you do any sort of 'rinsing' process with distilled water to remove any residual cleaning solution? Are the overall results worth the cost in your opinion? I'm debating between this, the Pro-Ject VC-E, or just start low and go with a Spin Clean. 

56 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Curious on your thoughts with the Record Doctor VI after using it for the first time. I've watched some reviews and it seems nice enough for the price point. I'm curious on general 'best practices' while using it as well. When cleaning, do you rotate the record in one direction or both? Do you do any sort of 'rinsing' process with distilled water to remove any residual cleaning solution? Are the overall results worth the cost in your opinion?

I have the Dr V which is just the same but not as fancy. But I personally spin it both ways 3-5 revolutions. It's about how many revolutions it takes to dry the solution off. May vary depending how humid your environment is. If you have a translucent record you can get a sense of how many times you need to turn it. Also I use an enzymatic cleaner which I scrub with a MOFI brush, I then leave on for about 1 min each side before the suction. Then I rinse with a spray bottle of distilled water then spin it the same revolutions as with washing. The only issue is that it can overheat if you wash a lot of records. Haven't let it get to that point tho. Mos def better than the spin clean any day. 

If I had the cash, I would've invested in the pro-ject vce. If only for the convenience... but what's a few more hundred dollars, amirite? 😉

Hope that helps 👍