PO: Lana Del Rey - Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

What is the point of being on her mailing list when we don't get notified about this? Meh. I should probably just go digital and save the money.

Indeed. I actually received notification but was underwhelmed by all the variants. When there's that many, what makes any one special? That, and I was a bit *meh* on her last album, to say the least.

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

What is the point of being on her mailing list when we don't get notified about this? Meh. I should probably just go digital and save the money.

Yeah I’m annoyed that I get the email after the 2 variants I wanted most are long gone. Email list should be first to know. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Lots of theories about the new "censored" cover. Some people are saying the Euro sites say that the actual cover will not be censored. Also, talk about this version being without the Judah interlude, which I honestly find hard to believe. Would they really make new stampers for this one variant? My white copy sounds great, but some people are saying theirs is noisy. Ahhh record collecting.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Lots of theories about the new "censored" cover. Some people are saying the Euro sites say that the actual cover will not be censored. Also, talk about this version being without the Judah interlude, which I honestly find hard to believe. Would they really make new stampers for this one variant? My white copy sounds great, but some people are saying theirs is noisy. Ahhh record collecting.

What cover?

7 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Also, talk about this version being without the Judah interlude, which I honestly find hard to believe. Would they really make new stampers for this one variant?

I sure don't hope so, I really like that interlude and hate when artists change the tracklisting after the release. I'm still thinking about getting a copy since I didn't buy any of the other variants, but the interlude not being included would be a bummer for sure...

4 hours ago, Vega said:

I sure don't hope so, I really like that interlude and hate when artists change the tracklisting after the release. I'm still thinking about getting a copy since I didn't buy any of the other variants, but the interlude not being included would be a bummer for sure...

Lots of controversy around that preacher.  Sounds like a POS, but I want to try and just focus on the music. Need to pick my battles. It's hard enough being a metal fan and holding true to my compass.

44 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Lots of controversy around that preacher.  Sounds like a POS, but I want to try and just focus on the music. Need to pick my battles. It's hard enough being a metal fan and holding true to my compass.

Yeah I read that as well. Has nothing to do with the song for me though, the track has a perfect mood in that slot of the record, both in terms of the music and the over all narrative arc. If she doesn't want him to be on the record anymore she should have left out the track in the first place imo and it obviously has it's place on the album. Kind of sends a weird artistic message to me when an artists changes the tracklist because of something like that. Like, how many times would tracklists change if this sort of stuff would be done all the time, that would practically be the end of the album artform.

Either way, I'm still battling over even buying the record given that I haven't really warmed up to the last 2-3 songs, they just seem like they were added for streaming numbers only, they don't fit the rest of the album at all.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, ChristopheLeFou said:

Regarding the new pressing of Lust for Life, right clicking and selecting "View page source" provides some insight on what's left at the moment:

"inventory_quantity":5524

So maybe a pressing of 6000? Dunno.

I can never figure out that shit. I looked for UV info and did what you said. Went through all the code and just didn't see it.