Frank Ocean - Blonde Repress

13 minutes ago, Vega said:

Wow, this is what I call an early christmas present. I did not expect him to ever repress this, as weird as that sounds.

Did anyone receive a confirmation mail? I only got my usual paypal email. Maybe it'll take some time.

site is prob getting slammed.  ppl on reddit have reported getting a confirmation mail as late as 90 mins

6 minutes ago, spintoshi said:

Sold out already?

seems it might be filtering in and out.  1st order lasted about an hour til it said sold out.  went back in stock at 3:30PM est but then sold out 17 minutes later

3 hours ago, God Is Dad said:

site is prob getting slammed.  ppl on reddit have reported getting a confirmation mail as late as 90 mins

Got my confirmation! Phew...took over 2 hours but I'm so fucking happy.

Though I honestly have to say I do not understand why they would only let this thing be available for a few minutes. I'm really lucky I got one, but he could have made so much more money if he let this thing be available for 2 or 3 days or even a week. Maybe that's not his style, which would be kind of likeable. But you had to have been lucky to get one this time, I feel like in 2016 there was more time for people to get a copy, but I could be wrong.

37 minutes ago, Vega said:

Got my confirmation! Phew...took over 2 hours but I'm so fucking happy.

Though I honestly have to say I do not understand why they would only let this thing be available for a few minutes. I'm really lucky I got one, but he could have made so much more money if he let this thing be available for 2 or 3 days or even a week. Maybe that's not his style, which would be kind of likeable. But you had to have been lucky to get one this time, I feel like in 2016 there was more time for people to get a copy, but I could be wrong.

In 2016 it was a timed open pre-order

Between Blond 2016, Endless, and the 7 inches he released a couple years ago there were like 4 years of delays combined and I'm sure thousands of angry emails. They pressed more this time than they sold in the entire timed window in 2016 and waited til they were in hand to sell... which helps avoid the massive delay headache I guess but man did they underestimate the demand 😅

The worst thing they did was not limit the amount you could buy. I'm sure there were plenty of 10 LP orders. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, porkdad said:

I could be just connecting two ideas that aren’t related, but with this and the Tyler represses, I’m wondering if some manager got hip to the resale market on some pressings and saw that there’s easy money to be made by keeping these in press? I dk. 

the impression i get is more "warehouse find" or "we forgot to sell the extras a few years ago" (from exorbitantly low stock) w/ those tyler records, unless someone's gotten their copy and it has different stampers or something