Soooo.....

scottheisel

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

So is this board on its death bed or what?  Sure feels like someone is struggling to keep the lights on consistently.

Not to mention it just happened to occur during one of the most anticipated represses in a loooooong time was happening.

This board is a joke. Days on end of issues with no one checking in or fixing it.

Someone with more knowledgeable and the ability (like a desktop) should really create a discord we could all chill at with separate areas for the different sections and abilities to create new "topics". 

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/6208479917079-Forum-Channels-FAQ

Edited by FEN1XD0WN

On 3/30/2023 at 7:14 PM, FEN1XD0WN said:

Someone with more knowledgeable and the ability (like a desktop) should really create a discord we could all chill at with separate areas for the different sections and abilities to create new "topics". 

https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/6208479917079-Forum-Channels-FAQ

I'd be down to explore this, doesn't look too difficult. 

On 4/5/2023 at 7:11 AM, stl_ben said:

I think the biggest issue is that no one actually involved with the running of the board is on any of these discords. There needs to be a way to contact them when there are issues, as I don't think anyone is even checking in more than once a week to see if the boards are up and running.

Hi Everyone!

First off I want to apologize for the downtime. We always try our very best over the last 10+ years of our stay with VC to keep the boards updated and running at their best.

We had 2 drives die at the same time in our RAID system. First we had to wait for the server company to change the drives. They didn’t have the exact drives and it took 2 days to get them in. Then we had to wait for the RAID to rebuild across all the drives and then we had to scan and make sure it works without error. This forum has so many threads and data over the years it is a beast when something like this happens.

All in all we are back, no lost data, maybe a few of your cheered VC is dead, but that would happen on my watch 😃 I love all your hate way too much hehe.

@jhulud emailed me within seconds of it being down. He’s got your backs 110%.

I would have posted sooner, but i have had some family issues which has taken a lot of my time lately. 

Again my apologies and thank your for your support and patience.

Danny 

• 9 months later...