PO: Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance (Revisited)

what?? I guess I need another copy of Artist. I hope they tour this in Europe after they bailed on it with Vheissu and IOS.

looks like a march 24th release, and a green indie exclusive or retail. Don't let the stock photo fool you, this should be it, as it's the same label as the record listed on spotify and is a pre-order.

https://downinthevalley.com/UPC/843563158746

Edited by xfactor675

26 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

sign up here for the mailing list and they will e-mail you a discount code and supposedly a notification once the store is open

https://thricemerch.com/password

CC @cautionthieves

Doesn't show me an option to sign up for the mailing list.  Pretty sure I'm already on it, but figured I'd double down just to be safe. 

I'll definitely pick this up as I love Thrice and the price point seems good for 2023. However, I just did a full listen and I was underwhelmed. Pretty much sounds like a really good live album. Drums and bass sound great, but then just simply combined with two guitar parts. The only overdubs I noticed were vocals.

The guest vocalists are kinda pointless, as they are never featured, they are just bgvs. I was especially hoping for more from Andy Hull. Also, the loss of strings is significant--"The Melting Point of Wax" is really subpar without them. Thrice has always been super creative and used interesting recording and production techniques, but not here. Maybe that's the point.

• dapeebs changed the title to PO: Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance (Revisited)