PO: Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance (Revisited)

9 minutes ago, li0nel said:

Green is available for preorder at SRC
https://www.srcvinyl.com/thrice-the-artist-in-the-ambulance-revisited-green.html

assuming more retailers will soon have this variant as well?
Anyone found it in Europe (mainland) ?

basically all US retailers and indie record shops have it since yesterday for significantly cheaper than src. no luck with Europe yet though.

Edited by xfactor675

10 minutes ago, li0nel said:

Green is available for preorder at SRC
https://www.srcvinyl.com/thrice-the-artist-in-the-ambulance-revisited-green.html

assuming more retailers will soon have this variant as well?
Anyone found it in Europe (mainland) ?

Order from literally anywhere else. 

39 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Order from literally anywhere else. 

Oh I wont thanks :) had my own disappointments with their "exclusives" back in the day. I assume there will be a proper euro (even black) variant sooner or later. Or I'll live without it, because it's only a collector's album IMO, it's fun and all, if I can have it for a reasonable amount, but I was kinda expecting them to try things and maybe have more of the guest artists included in the work.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort though, a simple remaster or another repress wasn't needed.

15 minutes ago, li0nel said:

Oh I wont thanks :) had my own disappointments with their "exclusives" back in the day. I assume there will be a proper euro (even black) variant sooner or later. Or I'll live without it, because it's only a collector's album IMO, it's fun and all, if I can have it for a reasonable amount, but I was kinda expecting them to try things and maybe have more of the guest artists included in the work.

Anyway, I appreciate the effort though, a simple remaster or another repress wasn't needed.

Try a local brick and mortar Webstore when it’s released. Should be an easy pick up. 

12 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

I meant just regular clear lol

Y'all I was just giving him hell for saying he didn't need another clear record then immediately after saying that he had ordered the green (which looked clear). I have no clue if it's actually clear green or not, nor do I really care for that matter. The joke may have been a reach.

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out multi quote.

Edited by ejc625

Are the tickets for all the dates stupid expensive?  Philly is $97 before taxes/service charges.  I'll just stay home, get drunk, and listen to the revisited record instead.

Edit: Nevermind.  Looks like all tickets in Philly have been designated as Official Platinum, so they're dynamically priced by the event organizer.  Curious if they were all like this or if some were available at a lower admission price when they first went on sale (obviously I'm a little late to the party).

Edited by hallowken78

7 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Are the tickets for all the dates stupid expensive?  Philly is $97 before taxes/service charges.  I'll just stay home, get drunk, and listen to the revisited record instead.

Edit: Nevermind.  Looks like all tickets in Philly have been designated as Official Platinum, so they're dynamically priced by the event organizer.  Curious if they were all like this or if some were available at a lower admission price when they first went on sale (obviously I'm a little late to the party).

When I first checked for Detroit tickets, I only saw the $90+ VIP tickets. The second time I checked, I only could find tickets on resale sites for $80 or more. I was worried this was another Taylor Swift-like scenario. But then thankfully I tried again and found the presale code, which gave me access to tickets for $35 each or so; ultimately I got two for $82 including fees.

I do feel that in the last 6 months buying concert tickets has become increasingly difficult and expensive. When I saw Thrice on the Horizons East tour in fall of 2021, I am pretty sure I bought my ticket for face value the week of the show. But there are many shows I want to go to in 2023 (Alvvays, Death Cab) that sold out in minutes, probably because of bots, and the only tickets available are 3x the original cost. With concert tickets, my philosophy is that I pay original face value or I am not attending.

The only way I see for artists to combat this is to allow each venue to sell the tickets directly through their own site and not use Ticketmaster for all the shows on the tour. Not that that will prevent bots entirely, but clearly bots have it easier when they can snag all the tickets from the same site. (And actually I am honestly ready just to drive over to a venue and buy a physical ticket on paper again!)

3 minutes ago, Alan P said:

When I first checked for Detroit tickets, I only saw the $90+ VIP tickets. The second time I checked, I only could find tickets on resale sites for $80 or more. I was worried this was another Taylor Swift-like scenario. But then thankfully I tried again and found the presale code, which gave me access to tickets for $35 each or so; ultimately I got two for $82 including fees.

I do feel that in the last 6 months buying concert tickets has become increasingly difficult and expensive. When I saw Thrice on the Horizons East tour in fall of 2021, I am pretty sure I bought my ticket for face value the week of the show. But there are many shows I want to go to in 2023 (Alvvays, Death Cab) that sold out in minutes, probably because of bots, and the only tickets available are 3x the original cost. With concert tickets, my philosophy is that I pay original face value or I am not attending.

The only way I see for artists to combat this is to allow each venue to sell the tickets directly through their own site and not use Ticketmaster for all the shows on the tour. Not that that will prevent bots entirely, but clearly bots have it easier when they can snag all the tickets from the same site. (And actually I am honestly ready just to drive over to a venue and buy a physical ticket on paper again!)

Yah concert tickets have definitely gone up, even for the “cheaper” tickets. I’m being more selective with my shows. It’s bad enough that everyone passes by Richmond so I’m either driving south to VA Beach or up to DC, which is 2 hours, or Baltimore which is over 2 hours. 

Edited by Sad Heart

5 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Y'all I was just giving him hell for saying he didn't need another clear record then immediately after saying that he had ordered the green (which looked clear). I have no clue if it's actually clear green or not, nor do I really care for that matter. The joke may have been a reach.

EDIT: I can't seem to figure out multi quote.

Dustin is a Christian there should be no talk of hell in a thrice thread!