KING SLENDER - Gold Days (FFO: 90's screamo/hardcore)

spacer.png

BUY & LISTEN HERE

Alright, so this is a double post (see hardcore/punk PO thread), but I'm reeling with how good this album is and I feel it deserves it's own thread. It reminds me of Portraits Of Past 90's screamy hardcore if they played in the style of Drive Like Jehu. It's barely February and this will definitely be one of my favorite records to come out this year. 

Edited by prowl20

• prowl20 changed the title to KING SLENDER - Gold Days (FFO: 90's screamo/hardcore)

Links to different variants:

Black - strictly no capital letter (UK) sncl.collective-zine.co.uk

Clear - Chumpire Records: [email protected]

Green - Killer Tofu Records : killertofurecs.storenvy.com/products/36352798-king-slender-gold-days

Red - Tor Johnson Records : www.torjohnsonrecords.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&cPath=21&products_id=1759

I checked out a few songs and thought it was cool, so I clicked on a couple of the links to check out the different colors, and the LP is only $12!? I felt like I must have been reading something wrong because I haven’t ordered a record for that cheap in years. 

Edited by achillesstand7

I checked out the album after the initial post (thanks for that!) and I'm also really into it. I'm hearing more Rites of Spring than Portraits of Past, but regardless,  the general direction they are taking with their sound is right up my alley. The production also sounds more like a 90s release than many contemporary screamo records, which works for me.  

All of their previous releases are still available via their Bandcamp and the respective labels as well, all small batch and inexpensive.