Boris - Fade (2xLP pre-order)

+1 more post to whine about that pricing, sheesh.  It clearly had no problem selling out on Bandcamp or SB’s site, but damn.  By comparison, I preordered Tim Hecker’s latest 2LP – another drone album due this year – about a week ago.  $22 before $6 shipping.  Granted, not colored vinyl, I think I prefer spending < 50% for the same format if it’s at the cost of color.

180 gram is not a marketable feature.  What does a “laminate gatefold” constitute?  Just like a glossy finish?  I’m trying to fathom why the base price is so gnarly on this thing.  Nothing else about the description would suggest it’s anything particularly fancy.

I would have liked to buy it, but not with those prices. In cases like this, my move is to buy the Bandcamp download and dub myself a tape and print out a J-card with the artwork. I get almost all the analog fun for a fraction of the cost.

Edited by bjorn

13 hours ago, Derek™ said:

By comparison, I preordered Tim Hecker’s latest 2LP – another drone album due this year – about a week ago.  $22 before $6 shipping.  Granted, not colored vinyl, I think I prefer spending < 50% for the same format if it’s at the cost of color.

I had no idea that there is a new Tim Hecker album this year until now. Instantly preordered it.