PO: Touche Amore - Parting The Sea & Is Survived By LP reissues (out 5/5/23)

99dd80ba-8d7b-48c7-b607-0d3252313fc9.png

Parting The Sea LP - $24.99 + shipping at Deathwish, $25.98 Prime at Amazon

Is Survived By LP - $24.99 + shipping at Deathwish, $25.98 Prime at Amazon

Deathwish's product pages indicate these albums will remain in print on these specific colors forever. No more variant collecting!

21 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

Strange that they would choose "cloudy clear" out of all of the colors. It seems a little too close to the clear friends and family pressing.

I don't understand it at all, personally. They reissued You Fail Me Redux on the cloudy clear and people are already mixing up it with the F&F listing so much that the F&F listing on Discogs is overrun by them.

19 minutes ago, deer said:

I don't understand it at all, personally. They reissued You Fail Me Redux on the cloudy clear and people are already mixing up it with the F&F listing so much that the F&F listing on Discogs is overrun by them.

Is it the same matrix? They might assume people would be smart enough to find the actual differences? Oh well...

2 hours ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

Is it the same matrix? They might assume people would be smart enough to find the actual differences? Oh well...

Lol I'm not sure you've been around discogs lately. I'm almost positive most people including sellers just click the first thing they see that looks kinda close to what they have. Buying a black copy of something with a specific matrix number to get the pressing you want is also impossible.

2 hours ago, Iggy_Pilot said:

Don't know. People are generally dumb. Also, Jeremy is an avid record collector, so he should have known better. Or maybe it was the plan...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 11:32 AM, mitchard said:

Or perhaps they just picked something that looked nice with the album art, with no regard to what variant collectors care about? 

This would make sense if Jeremy wasn't such a massive vinyl collector. Idc either way but it is really weird when they could have just kept pressing red copies that look even better

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't logged in here in ages. Came to post about the tour pressings but I see Scott did it already (thanks!)

In regards to the cloudy clear. I admit it's a little foolish in retrospect.

3 things

1) its a different matrix. Original pressings look handwritten. This new press is the typed style.

2) if you hold them up together - there is a difference. Clear is straight up clear. 

3) new press has a hype sticker saying cloudly clear / original press has zero hype sticker. 

There's always going to be people who foolishly try and sell a record for more than its "worth" - so if you're in the market for the original press on clear be sure to ask those details. 

- Jeremy

Edited by activatethecorpse

2 hours ago, activatethecorpse said:

Haven't logged in here in ages. Came to post about the tour pressings but I see Scott did it already (thanks!)

In regards to the cloudy clear. I admit it's a little foolish in retrospect.

3 things

1) its a different matrix. Original pressings look handwritten. This new press is the typed style.

2) if you hold them up together - there is a difference. Clear is straight up clear. 

3) new press has a hype sticker saying cloudly clear / original press has zero hype sticker. 

There's always going to be people who foolishly try and sell a record for more than its "worth" - so if you're in the market for the original press on clear be sure to ask those details. 

- Jeremy

Awesome. Thanks for chiming in with official details. I have the FF clear and will most likely never part with it. I can't even remember how I got it, but the record means a lot to me and happy to have it.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:56 PM, scottheisel said:

Leftover tour presses of Dead Horse X and TTBOADH are up in the band's webstore now:

https://toucheamore.bigcartel.com/

Heads up! Only 27 copies of Dead Horse X left and 12 copies of TTBOADH of these Tour Presses. I'm shipping them now.

• 5 months later...