Reggae Releases?

So...I had never gotten in Reggae, but over the last few month have been listening to more Bad Brains, and specifically their Reggae songs and it got me digging further into the genre. I've picked up a couple great records lately and come to really appreciate a new genre.

Obviously Bob Marley and the Wailers are a starting point, but I've been checking out Tappa Zukie, Cedric Myton and the Congos, Wailing Souls, and Culture among a few others.

Any good suggestions or any good new stuff/reissues coming out? There doesn't seem to be a ton of interest in Reggae on these boards, so I thought a catchall might be appropriate.

14 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Was heavily into reggae a couple decades ago. Aside from what's been mentioned, I would checkout:

21 minutes ago, Dub said:

I'm not an expert or anything, but I enjoy reggae.  Some big names you left off and should check out if you haven't are:  Toots and the Maytals, Desmond Dekker, Peter Tosh, The Upsetters (Lee Perry).  Plus The Harder They Come soundtrack is gold.

Perfect! A few here I haven't found yet! I started kind of just going through discogs top 100 Reggae albums :)

On 3/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Any good suggestions or any good new stuff/reissues coming out? There doesn't seem to be a ton of interest in Reggae on these boards, so I thought a catchall might be appropriate.

Music On Vinyl does a lot of reissues in the Reggae/Ska/Rocksteady vein.  I have several and they are well done.   Also, Two
Sevens Clash by Culture comes to mind as a recently reissued title worth checking out.

1 hour ago, MtrCtyWx said:

Music On Vinyl does a lot of reissues in the Reggae/Ska/Rocksteady vein.  I have several and they are well done.   Also, Two
Sevens Clash by Culture comes to mind as a recently reissued title worth checking out.

I have Culture- Harder Than The Rest on its way right now. :)