The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation

Came across a pre-order for The Greatest Generation with a release date of April 7 2023 but haven't seen anything about it anywhere else. It's the 10 year anniversary so I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing a repress.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-greatest-generation-the-wonder-years/26456860

20 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

Ah dang, for some reason that thread didnt come up when I searched. Still curious if this is just a bad listing or a real repress

interesting take on this alternate cover though :)

https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/790692677214

also it looks real but not 100% percent set in the system.

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is be patient. This is one of my favorite albums of all time, so I've built up a little collection of this record. Most recently I bought one of the /50 release show variants for 150, and before that the hot topic variant for about 30. There are a few other variants but I'm forgetting which ones.

If you must have it, you can probably score the first press (or any other 1LP variant) for cheap if you're patient. They sound awful and people get rid of them at reasonable prices every once in a while on discogs. Just add them all to your watch lists. I'm seeing a few sold for under 50 in 2023.

Also, r/thewonderyearsvinyl has some reasonable people. You may be able to buy or trade with them. 

Edited by HardlineKid

3 hours ago, HardlineKid said:

They sound awful and people get rid of them at reasonable prices every once in a while on discogs.

Lol it's a me. I sold my red 1LP like ayear or two ago and took a final video comparing "The Devil in my Bloodstream". Night and day. They crammed that one way down in on the inner grove on the first press. My bone press is nice and quiet.

13 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Lol it's a me. I sold my red 1LP like ayear or two ago and took a final video comparing "The Devil in my Bloodstream". Night and day. They crammed that one way down in on the inner grove on the first press. My bone press is nice and quiet.

Hah that may be me too. The Anaheim release party /50 variant is just the first press red w/ a screen print cover over the front of the jacket. So now I have two of the crappy reds. The only thing keeping me from doing so is that the reds are different shades. There was an issue with that first press where half are red and the other half are red-orange. So many twists and turns with this record's release history lol

55 minutes ago, booms528 said:

definitely excited to see what they cook up for the repress/merch/etc., after how great i think the upsides/suburbia reissue came out.

moreso than any of that, keeping my fingers crossed for a fall anniversary tour.

1000% yes. A boxset with some extras and a tour would be so cool

2 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

B&N assured me they would resend me the correct album. Well guess who has 2 thumbs and just as many copies of Bimbocore now? 👍🙃👍 this guy. 

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

Only 2 records they have ever sold belong to you!