The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation

• 4 weeks later...

2 hours ago, dangerbirds said:

Looks like procrastination has paid off. Got an official email from Barnes and Noble about the error that said they are issuing refunds without returns, so if you are looking for a copy of Bimbocore vol 2 check you local thrift store 🙃

Sweet dude you scored bimbocore for free

The Wonder Years "The Greatest Generation" 10th Anniversary 3x12" Vinyl Box Set

The Wonder Years

3xLP Box Set including demo/rarities disc and 32-page book of never-before-seen photos, Notes from the band and essays from Hanif Abdurraqib, Hannah Seidlitz and Thomas Nassiff. Limited to 3500 copies.

THIS ITEM IS ON PRE-ORDER AND WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL AROUND SEPTEMBER 8TH.

Variant Breakdown:
A/B: Orange Inside Ultra Clear with Blue Splatter
C/D: Blue Inside Ultra Clear with White Splatter
E/F: White Inside Ultra Clear with Blue Splatter

Tracklist:
Side A:
01. There, There
02. Passing Through a Screen Door
03. We Could Die Like This
04. Dismantling Summer

Side B:
05. The Bastards, The Vultures, The Wolves
06. The Devil in My Bloodstream
07. Teenage Parents

Side C:
08. Chaser
09. An American Religion (FSF)
10. A Raindance in Traffic
11. Madelyn

Side D:
12. Cul-de-sac
13. I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral

Side E:
14. GODDAMNITALL
15. Need You (Voice Note Demo 9-12-12, 2:37 PM)
16. Madelyn (Voice Note Demo)
17. The Devil in My Bloodstream (The Mill Demo 8-5-12, 12:47 AM)

Side F:
18. We Could Die Like This (The Mill Demo, 11-23-12, 5:29 PM)
19. Teenage Parents (The Mill Demo, 7-31-12, 1:31 PM)
20. Dismantling Summer (The Mill Demo, 8-1-12, 3:52 PM)
21. The Bastards, The Vultures, The Wolves (The Mill/Bandwagon Demo, 11-20-12, 3:57 PM)

USD

$64.99

https://shop.spotify.com/en/artist/0nq64XZMWV1s7XHXIkdH7K/product/the-wonder-years-the-greatest-generation-10th-anniversary-3x12-box-set

13 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

Is this a Spotify exclusive or like an early preorder link? The YT description says it’s not supposed to be up until 9AM PST tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Is this a Spotify exclusive or like an early preorder link? The YT description says it’s not supposed to be up until 9AM PST tomorrow.

I'm not sure.  I figured if Spotify had an early exclusive, I would have been included, but I found this link on Facebook.  I ordered one though!

wow those voice note demos must sound beatiful on vinyl, for a whopping 65 bucks + shipping but hey there is "new" song and a 32 page book!!!. I mean obviously it was better for them without any basic effort instead of just releasing a standard repress for 25 bucks, so it's reasonable.

Edited by xfactor675

5 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

wow those voice note demos must sound beatiful on vinyl, for a whopping 65 bucks + shipping buty hey there is "new" song and a 32 page book!!!. I mean obviously it was better for them without any basic effort instead of just releasing a standard repress for 25 bucks, so it's reasonable.

As much as I'd love to argue with you my friend, gotta say I agree on this one 😅

1 hour ago, xfactor675 said:

wow those voice note demos must sound beatiful on vinyl, for a whopping 65 bucks + shipping but hey there is "new" song and a 32 page book!!!.

You’re not wrong on this. I already have a bone 2xLP so it’s a hard sell, but I mostly want the book. I’m interested in the lore/history of their first 3 albums.

I think the price is fair. It depends on how much you value the extra content. This may be my favorite band of all time, so I'll eat this shit up.

Soupy's track record indicates that this isn't just him mailing it in for a quick buck. The Suburbia/Upsides box set was beautiful and I expect this to be the same.