PO (NOW): Finch - What It Is to Burn (20th ann. repress)

I surprisingly didn't see a thread on this release but What It Is to Burn is getting a 20th anniversary treatment with two nice looking splatter represses.
Kind of a quiet release - I may be out of the loop but I just stumbled on this from the Parting Gift/Take This to Heart records instagram account.

https://www.takethistoheartrecords.com/products/740521-finch-what-it-is-to-burn

First Press:
800: Half/Half (Coke Bottle Clear + White) w/ Black Splatter
1200: Color in Color (Black + Ruby ) w/ Tangerine Splatter

Second Press: NOT ON SALE YET
2000: Color in Color (Ruby & Black) w/ Tangerine Splatter

I gladly snagged a clear/white copy to add this gem to my collection. $42 shipped in the US with medial mail.

Edited by bluethumb

7 minutes ago, bluethumb said:

I surprisingly didn't see a thread on this release but What It Is to Burn is getting a 20th anniversary treatment with two nice looking splatter represses.
Kind of a quiet release - I may be out of the loop but I just stumbled on this from the Parting Gift/Take This to Heart records instagram account.

nothing wrong with a dedicated post, but there's lot of folks discussing this in the drive-thru thread if you wanted to partake. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, 1876records said:

ooo careful! don’t say anything bad about Parting Gift. you’ll upset these soft ass b*tches on the board

My comment is a complaint about the company, yours was calling people idiots for ordering stuff from them that isn't available anywhere else.

But yeah.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, jeremysexytime said:

I've seen lots of comments on their instagram going back several weeks asking for an update and not one got an answer. Should we be getting worried? The Copeland repress was also supposed to be in hand, shipping immediately, and haven't heard a single thing on that.

... and in reverie should have been shipped for a month now. I also sense something's off.

4 hours ago, jeremysexytime said:

I've seen lots of comments on their instagram going back several weeks asking for an update and not one got an answer. Should we be getting worried? The Copeland repress was also supposed to be in hand, shipping immediately, and haven't heard a single thing on that.

Every release seems to go like this with them.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about yet, but it's sure frustrating.

7 hours ago, jeremysexytime said:

my copeland landed the other day 

• 2 weeks later...

From the label:

We are reaching out to you today to inform you that your purchase of the “out of 800 variant” for Finch - "What It Is To Burn" has been delayed. Unfortunately, when this specific variant arrived they sent the wrong color variant. We are working on getting this replaced ASAP. We expect the replacement pressing to arrive before the end of the Summer. To compensate our customers for this delay, one random buyer will be sent a test press of this record and we will be offering a 15% off code for the next week (June 28th) in our web store *restrictions may apply.

42 minutes ago, derby625 said:

From the label:

We are reaching out to you today to inform you that your purchase of the “out of 800 variant” for Finch - "What It Is To Burn" has been delayed. Unfortunately, when this specific variant arrived they sent the wrong color variant. We are working on getting this replaced ASAP. We expect the replacement pressing to arrive before the end of the Summer. To compensate our customers for this delay, one random buyer will be sent a test press of this record and we will be offering a 15% off code for the next week (June 28th) in our web store *restrictions may apply.

To compensate for our lack of communication and getting the wrong thing we're giving 1/800th of you something and begging you to buy something else as well.

3 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

To compensate for our lack of communication and getting the wrong thing we're giving 1/800th of you something and begging you to buy something else as well.

and you cant use the discount on the records of the other bands you're most likely interested in if you're into Finch

3 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Lol relax records get delayed all the time and you usually don’t get shit in return. This 20 year old music will be on your turntable eventually and it will still be the same songs you’ve heard a bunch of times.

This label is notoriously awful at communication so I'm surprised they even said anything honestly.

But to your point, yeah, totally. It's really not a big deal I just like shitting on them a little bit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...