Discord / Reddit

11 minutes ago, Daiei said:

Do these exist for this forum as back ups? When the forums go down I feel so empty.. 

A subreddit or Discord seems like a fair idea, even though I’m not big on either.

Probably as good of a time as any to mention that I’ve been working on an alternative forum but it’s going to be a little ways out.  Some folks here are automatically going to nope out of that idea with myself and a friend or two at the helm, but the intent of it will be primarily for music discussion – new albums, announcements, ranking discographies, etc. – with a designated spot for vinyl drops and vinyl discussion.

Reddit is better for up-to-date links and drops as they happen.  Way ahead of VC about 95% of the time.  VC allows for a little more discussion about music when it happens.

If anyone is fixated on just sharing store links and shipping updates, there’s nothing wrong with staying on VC when it decides it’ll be online.  If anyone else is intrigued by the idea of more of a music forum, I’ll gladly keep you in mind for an invite and would love to have you over there at some point.

1 minute ago, jhulud said:

Funny enough...I recently joined Reddit just to putz around and see what I have been missing. And was toying with the idea of starting a Reddit community then. 

If enough people are keen on it, I will start it. Let me know. 

I'd be down...no pun intended...

Edited by ethanpricington

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Sometime last year i wasn't able to login to @ethereal's Discord. Not sure what happened...

6 hours ago, jhulud said:

Funny enough...I recently joined Reddit just to putz around and see what I have been missing. And was toying with the idea of starting a Reddit community then. 

Reddit doesn't really entice me much but if you're down, I'm down.

The only other forum I'm involved with is Hoffman. But just for certain bands and not for vinyl alone. VC is the only forum I visit everyday...

Edited by faaip de oiad
Discord

Honestly, I'm waiting on a couple last hot represses and then I can finally dump my vinyl subreddits.

There are some folks on here I enjoy chatting with, but I can't wait for it to be 100% casual chat shit and picking up stuff that I don't have any attachment to, rather than lying in wait for limited drops for super high demand stuff.

Edited by TheGhostOfRandySavage

11 hours ago, jhulud said:

We should all relocate to r/vinyljerk, it's basically 2023 VC anyways lol

I checked out reddit for the first time when the site was down. Didn't like it. Never used discord. Would def like to be in the loop if this place migrates somewhere else. Love this place - great for the music discussion/ release info. I have discovered tons of great new music because of you all!